Photo

Reebok 9k girdle vs Bauer Total One girdle

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danglesauce

danglesauce
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:03 AM

Hey guys, so I've had the 9k reebok girdle before and i liked the movement in them but felt like it was a pain in the ass to get them on and take them off. I like traditional pants but am thinking about trying the bauer girdle seeing as it looks easier to put on and seems to have decent protection for being retail pants but look really bulky. My question is this, does the total one girdle offer similar movement to the 9ks? Any thoughts would be appreciated

#2 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:29 AM

I've owned both and stuck with the TO girdle I don't think it's as protective but it's all you should need for beer league, I would say that the to stays with your body even more than the 9k it just wraps around your body there's probably 20 posts on these girdles so you can also try the search

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#3 hunterphfr

hunterphfr

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

I wear an earlier version of the TO girdle and before that wore the Cooperall Pro. I love the wrap design and it really hugs your body and is almost like wearing nothing all. Not only is it easy to put on, but a huge plus is tying your skates with socks and shins on. Then simply wrapping the girdle on and stepping into your shell. I tried pants for a week then sold them to a friend. I almost bought a 9K last week, had some bills come in unexpectedly.

My son just did the opposite of you. He went from a Bauer X60 Core pad to a 9K girdle. Both still fit he prefers the 9K.

You might want to consider the new NXG. It almost seems to combine the best of both the TO, APX/X series & 9K.

If younhaven't I would recommend going over to modsquadhockey.com.. Use the advanced search, key word girdle and titles only in the equipment forum. There's extensive reading on girdles of all kinds and pro vs. cons etc. JR has a thorough teardown and review of the new NXG girdle as well.