New Here, from NYC.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

Whats up guys,

I'm new here, finally found a place where i know i'm going to be spending a lot of time on.

Was always a huge hockey fan, equipment fan and played the sport my whole life. Have been modifying my equipment ever since i was little. Was lucky enough to participate in a few summer training camps as a kid which led me to meet a few Russian NHL'ers, (Kovalev, Nemchinov, Brylin, Zubov) have used a Kovalev blade pattern since he was using Innovative and Easton Grip sticks, i was about 12. Have recently got into, but not as knowledgable about Pro Stock Hockey Gloves.

I played hockey all of my life, a little College and European. Was fortunate enough to get free equipment after High School, and in Europe a wide extensive never ending supply of Jofa shins, shoulder and elbow pads. I wish i took advantage of that btw.

Will be trying to sell some of my old gear in the long run as i reup, trade or most of all, learn from you experts.

Thanks guys.

#2 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Welcome! Man I bet you regret not taking a shipping container full of Jofa stuff back to the states haha

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#3 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

Welcome man I'm pretty close by in nj. Looking forward to seeing the cool stuff you'll have for sale.

#4 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

Welcome! Man I bet you regret not taking a shipping container full of Jofa stuff back to the states haha

Mannnn....i recently started up playing hockey again, i was sitting in the locker room at a rink getting ready to play a pick up game...some guy offers me straight cash for my whole Jofa attire, i said how much? He said something like 500. I refused, not because it wasn't enough but because i just can't picture myself wearing anything else...i go on ebay, and i see what Jofa is going for, i almost lost it...literally indispensable amount of Jofa gear was at my disposal, and i took it all for granted. Smh

#5 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Welcome man I'm pretty close by in nj. Looking forward to seeing the cool stuff you'll have for sale.

Thanks man, any good pick up games in NJ that you know of? I hear Floyd Hall in Montclair is top notch. True?

#6 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

Yeah that ones pretty good, union ice rink is also got a lot of skill and more physical, bridgewater sports arena normally like a b division level at noon on Fridays. Bridgewater gets a lot of college players this time of the year and one guy who played for the Brooklyn aviators of the federal league not sure if your familiar with the team. Bridgewater ice is sometimes not the greatest though.

#7 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yeah that ones pretty good, union ice rink is also got a lot of skill and more physical, bridgewater sports arena normally like a b division level at noon on Fridays. Bridgewater gets a lot of college players this time of the year and one guy who played for the Brooklyn aviators of the federal league not sure if your familiar with the team. Bridgewater ice is sometimes not the greatest though.

Hows the drive to Union? Is that by Newark?

Yeah, i play in Aviator some times, i've seen Aaron Voros a few times being all fancy lol Good rink in Brooklyn.

Ill check out Bridgewater, I like the ice in Wayne at the Ice Vault.

#8 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Also the rock ice rink can be amazing. One of the guys that played defense for Russia in the 1980 Olympics used to own that rink him and a few if his Russian friends show up and play there once in a while on wednesday nights. Needless to say they're pretty amazing to watch and play against.

#9 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Also the rock ice rink can be amazing. One of the guys that played defense for Russia in the 1980 Olympics used to own that rink him and a few if his Russian friends show up and play there once in a while on wednesday nights. Needless to say they're pretty amazing to watch and play against.

Sergei Starikov? ? Alexei Kasatonov?

#10 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:28 PM

Unions not bad cause its normally at night it's probably 25 minutes away from Newark.

#11 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think Union and ProSkate have great ice. The Rock ice seems to always be crappy

#12 CaptOpt

CaptOpt
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

I think Union and ProSkate have great ice. The Rock ice seems to always be crappy

Proskate does have great ice, just a hell of a drive from me.

#13 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:42 PM

welcome to sports2k :y

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116