• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Hello,

I'm interested in these pants http://www.ebay.com/...E:X:RTQ:US:1123

and I was wondering if the zip shown in picture 6 is for the shell or is this actually a two-piece where the lower part is attached by zip and not by buttons?

Any ideas?

#2 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:54 PM

I had the newer Tackla 5000x pants and the uppers and lowers were attached via buttons.  There was no zipper up there at all.  Mine were made in Canada not Finland and they weren't from 1987, so no idea what the story is with those.  Great pair of pants though!

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#3 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

i think these are just the super old first generation of them.  I have some orange nhl shield era lowers and they dont have zippers either, im guessing zippers are a more modern thing to want

IG: Fooj Media

#4 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

http://item.mobilewe...Id=200930295848

These guys did have large in these jofa zipper shells. Only med and small showing now, they would prob work with that zipper tackla. Pretty cool. I was gonna make a move on the jofa shells long ago but I'm sticking with my Bauer/cooper bruins matchup.

#5 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

I know just thought about that too, one would have to add padding in the shell and you are good to go

#6 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Why not email the seller and ask him?

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#7 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

already have, didn't know what two-piece meant (he said he just played hockey).

Very nice seller however, has answered all my questions so far, waiting for the inseam length measurement

I'm surprised nobody on here hasn't bought them already (since I'm still undecided)

#8 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:42 PM

Ask him to unzip it and take a picture of the result. It might be a shell, it might be lowers, it might be a way to make the pants a +1 in length.