CCM CL vs X60 skates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:26 PM

Hey guys, got a question for you.

Just traded for a pair of CL ith Giancarlo. They are 7D. Unfortunately, they are a tad to small for me in terms of widht.

So  here is my question, do you think a pair of 7EE X60 would be bigger. Headr the D in CCM was equal to a EE in Bauer so just want an update on this.

Thanks

#2 twitchx116

twitchx116

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

In my option it depend on the kind of Bauer. If it the X60 then it might be the same because vapors are the most narrow of all the skates, I believe the supreme is next, and the nexus is the widest. Not 100% An expert but that's my opion on the Bauer line.

#3 akinanli

akinanli

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

I used 8D in Bauer x60 and in Bauer NXG Supreme I had size 8.5D

I also got rid of mine nxg 3 months later, they where just way too stiff.... so apx2 is next!

#4 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

I know for sure i have to get a 7 in Bauer.

In fact, what i wanted to know was if the Bauer X60 EE would fit bigger than a D in the CL. I know the Vapor line is the most narrow skate on the market, but wanted to clarify if the EE in the Vapor line would fit a tad bigger than a D in the CCM CL

#5 GiancarloSFL

GiancarloSFL
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Sorry to hear that they didn't fit. Did you bake them? Supreme is built on a E width as vapor is a much narrower even in a EE. 

#6 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

I always thought it was vapor- narrowest, nexus- middle then supreme- widest. .
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#7 gator

gator

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

I've had CL's and Vapors before. Was a 7D in CL and 7EE in Vapors. The Vapors are going to be wider, have more instep volume, and a wider heel also. You may want to try to rebake the CL's or maybe even have them stretched a bit for width if it's just a little bit tight. 

#8 gator

gator

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

I always thought it was vapor- narrowest, nexus- middle then supreme- widest. .

Vapor is built on a true last, D = D, EE = EE. Supreme is built on oversized last, D = E, EE = EEE.

Nexus is built on an even bigger last, D = EE, EE = EEEE (I think).

The three lines all have different shapes as well.

I don't know why they make it so confusing, but I believe this is correct.