Photo

2 piece pant

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:14 AM

Was wondering if anyone could help me out, I'm a little confused about mix and matching uppers & lowers from different brands, does this work or is it a "no, no". If do, which certain brands work well with the other? Can I also match a large upper with a medium lower? Vice versa? Any help much appreciated, for this will be my first set of 2 piece pant. Thanks

#2 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:30 AM

I started a thread while ago asking pretty much the same thing, here it is:

http://www.sports2k....-compatibility/

and to add to this list, I have some Tackla uppers that fit perfectly on Reebok 7000 lowers (both medium).

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#3 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:53 AM

Thank you, just what the doctor ordered.
Another question, buttons are on uppers so lowers just hang on these buttons? Because they don't snap or anything right? Lowers appear to only have strap running along waist. I have easton lowers. Can I also attach large uppers to medium lowers?

#4 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

From my experience, yes, buttons are on the uppers and the lowers only hang from these buttons. I haven't encountered any other "attachment" system other than buttons. Not to confuse you, but shells and girdles have different ways of attaching. Pants I'm pretty sure are just buttons.

Belts (strap running along the waist) can either be on the upper or the lower... that's something to watch out for when swapping different brands.

And to answer your last question, yes in some cases they can fit if you wrestle with the buttons. You may end up bunching up the uppers a bit because they may not line up exactly. It all boils down to what pieces you have. Hope this sheds some light.

I will say Tackla makes a very good upper. I have successfully matched with both medium and large Reebok 7000's, and a large Easton _____ as well (sorry, unsure of the model). I'll look for names/numbers when I have time.

Do you have something in mind? Throw it out there, and I'm sure somebody has the answer...

#5 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

The only uppers I have come across that have a belt in them is Bauer

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#6 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

Same here, Bauer is the only one I've seen with a belted upper.

#7 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

Don't Hustlers have belted upper?

#8 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

I think chris means that only bauers are held up by a belt. Warriors are attached by buttons and have a belt to toghten but the belt does not attach uppers and lowers.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#9 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

I think chris means that only bauers are held up by a belt. Warriors are attached by buttons and have a belt to toghten but the belt does not attach uppers and lowers.

Ian nails it. And this is just in my experience, i only have the one pair of bauers. Tons of CCM/Warrior/Reebok though.

#10 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

So some Bauer models fasten their uppers and lowers together via belt, not buttons? That's interesting.

#11 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

if it fits, you must acquit.

I've put together the following and used them and had no issues and THEY ROCKED:

mission uppers on CCM lowers

warrior uppers on tackla lowers

Tackla lowers with tackla uppers, 

tackla lowers with RBK uppers.

Mission uppers and bauer lowers

Sometimes you might have to cut in a extra hole to fit, but, WORRY NOT!  You'll be fine.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#12 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

from my experience 7000 uppers/lowers dont fit on 520. then again i recently tried a medium 520 upper on a pair of large tackla lowers so im not sure.

Guess one thing is i would never put on a upper thats bigger than the lower

IG: Fooj Media

#13 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:20 PM

Alright here's what I'm attempting to put together, sherwood rm9(large) uppers with easton(medium) lowers. However, the lowers have no buttons or snaps, just the waist belt running along the inside. Now, is this possible? If I do, where do the attach, it's not a snap on type, where would the come together? The lowers just seem to be a padded girdle, no? Or should I get an Easton Large upper, as of right now, that's the only available, do I have to get anything else to make lowers hook on uppers? I'm sure it's not that difficult, but for the life of me, don't see how they would stay together. Thanks guys

#14 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

Upon further review, the easton lowers I have seem to be more like a padded shell, no slits/holes at the waist to attach to upper buttons, now I really f***** confused, is there something I needed to do with lowers ?

#15 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

So some Bauer models fasten their uppers and lowers together via belt, not buttons? That's interesting.

I think you may have been confused. Every pair of Bauers I've seen has buttons BUT I know for a fact that Supremes have a belt in the upper along with another belt in the lower.

Upon further review, the easton lowers I have seem to be more like a padded shell, no slits/holes at the waist to attach to upper buttons, now I really f***** confused, is there something I needed to do with lowers ?

I think I know what's happening here. Do your lowers look like these?

easton_pens_3rd_pantd.JPG

If so, then there are no button holes. There is a belt in those uppers which, I think, is causing the "belt in the uppers" confusion. Either way, if this is the case then you need to find that particular model (IIRC Synergy something) of Easton uppers to go with your lowers. The only way around this issue that I see is removing the thigh pads and just using the lowers as a shell over another pair of pants.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#16 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Here is a photo of those uppers separated. You can see there are no buttons, only a belt. Personally, I have never owned this model of pants so I cant say exactly how the uppers and lowers fasten together, but I do know in order for it to be "right", they must be the same model.

$T2eC16d,!zUE9s38+p7qBRd%29+PtyTg~~60_1.

#3k gsdhead.gif

#17 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Thanks Grizzly, I'm assuming that I have to get easton uppers, and the only way I can picture them attaching together is, the uppers must have those belt loops on them, then weave belt through loops in each piece. Only logical thing, right. Thanks so much.

#18 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Like I said, if you want them to be "correct" then yes, those Easton uppers are your only option. You could always try to rig something up that works instead. I'm assuming the way they attach to eachother could be similar to the way the 9k girdle/shell design works.

#3k gsdhead.gif

#19 My3BoyzPlayHockey

My3BoyzPlayHockey
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:05 AM

Thanks a lot, those uppers look a lot like the easton synergy pro girdle, no? Just without the thigh pads... What do you think.