The "thats cool but i dont need it" on Ebay thread

• Please log in to reply
17360 replies to this topic

#17041 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 21 February 2023 - 03:44 PM

Oh really? I was just messaging them about another shell they just posted

just make sure they've got what you want. they gave some lame excuse about SLS not keeping up with their inventory and they were out of the size I wanted. they asked if I could take XL+1 or L. I said nope, thinking if that's what I'd wanted I would've chosen it, and I'll just take a refund. dude says he's checking with the other people who bought my size so I may still get mine after all but still.....

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#17042 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 21 February 2023 - 04:21 PM

just make sure they've got what you want. they gave some lame excuse about SLS not keeping up with their inventory and they were out of the size I wanted. they asked if I could take XL+1 or L. I said nope, thinking if that's what I'd wanted I would've chosen it, and I'll just take a refund. dude says he's checking with the other people who bought my size so I may still get mine after all but still.....

I was just looking at some of their shells, they all seemed to have been posted within the past day so how can SLS not keep up with their sales?

Anyways, just saw these U+ elbow pads and for their age they look like they're in really good shape, so tempting:

https://sidelineswap...senior-medium-m

- Jon

#17043 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 21 February 2023 - 04:30 PM

Those Warrior shells fit true to size? L shell for a L 9K?

#17044 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx

Posted 21 February 2023 - 04:34 PM

All the Warrior ones I've had have been true to size (I've had 3), they're slightly wider in the thighs than a 9K shell (well some 9K shells, seems the past few 9K shells I've got have been all over the place sizing wise, some longer than others in the legs even though marked as just medium) and the kidney area on the Warrior doesn't go quite as high and doesn't have a plastic insert.

- Jon

#17045 STLPuck13

STLPuck13

Posted 21 February 2023 - 05:35 PM

If anyone got the Large whalers shell and doesn’t like the way it fits let me know. I’ve been looking forever and missed out on the ones on SLS.

#17046 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 21 February 2023 - 05:55 PM

All the Warrior ones I've had have been true to size (I've had 3), they're slightly wider in the thighs than a 9K shell (well some 9K shells, seems the past few 9K shells I've got have been all over the place sizing wise, some longer than others in the legs even though marked as just medium) and the kidney area on the Warrior doesn't go quite as high and doesn't have a plastic insert.

So these fit differently than the ones PSH has been selling? Because those were at least a size smaller than the CCM shells I’m used to wearing (PP10, PP90, and Tacks)

#17047 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 21 February 2023 - 06:40 PM

I bought 5 from them today...no issue...but some sellers are better than others at updating their stock..

I got lucky...

#17048 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:03 PM

imspamming is being weird for me. I bought one also (using imspamming funds) and it’s still processing my payment.

#17049 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:07 PM

So these fit differently than the ones PSH has been selling? Because those were at least a size smaller than the CCM shells I’m used to wearing (PP10, PP90, and Tacks)

I have had one from Hockey Monkey when they had some overstock pro stock stuff years ago, one from PSH, and one from ebay (from ntwusc who I think is on here), all fit the same for me, medium was on par with the PP90/PP9K's I've had and the Bauer pant shells, found the legs just slightly wider than the CCM's and maybe like .5" shorter at most (but the CCM's are all over the place with their lengths).  I'll try to get a pic of the one Warrior shell I have left on top of a PP90.

edit: I just compared 2 PP90's, a Bauer pro pant shell (NCAA one), and a Warrior girdle shell and they're not all that different (all size medium).  It's hard to lay on top of each other since the CCM's have the plastic kidney guards and it prevents them from sitting completely flat but measurement wise, from waist seam to bottom edge, there was about .5" different between the Warrior and one of the CCM;s (and another CCM was another .25" longer, one is just longer for some reason).  Leg opening, The Warrior was almost .5" wider than the CCM's at 13" vs about 12.5" when the leg opening was flat across.  The waists look about the same but again, the CCM's go higher up with their kidney pads which add another 2+" of height compared to the Warrior and the Bauer just stops at the waist/belt and was def a little roomier since it was a pant shell rather than a girdle shell).  So after all that I have no conclusions other than I'll prob just keep buying more and hoping they fit lol

- Jon

#17050 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:43 PM

I got five as well, no issues. Thanks for the info!

#17051 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:51 PM

I did notice the PSH one's fit a bit snug but not tight...if I could cut out some pizza I wouldn't notice...😉

#17052 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 February 2023 - 07:57 PM

Got two to finish out my Whalers and Jets Heritage sets.  Been waiting a couple years for these to pop up.

#17053 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 21 February 2023 - 09:55 PM

https://sidelineswap...al_code=Zydo441

Vintage and awesome

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#17054 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 21 February 2023 - 10:35 PM

If anyone is interested in Sabres RR 2.0, EQM Vault has the entire getup (gloves, pants, shells, socks)

https://sidelineswap...locker/EQMvault

Feel free to shoot me a message on here if anyone is interested in anything!

#17055 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 22 February 2023 - 10:46 PM

Not a red wings fan, but it’s kind of cool that they’re selling the whole kit. Can’t imagine the prices tho…

#17056 darklight616

darklight616

Posted 23 February 2023 - 10:17 AM

prices are not going to be as bad as people are expecting.

#17057 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 23 February 2023 - 10:56 AM

It's a really cool idea actually

#17058 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 23 February 2023 - 11:49 AM

https://www.ebay.com...emis&media=COPY

#17059 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 23 February 2023 - 04:26 PM

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115712809691

I wouldn’t buy it myself at that price (plus can’t fit into that size nor the other sizes he has) but those sure are some pretty pants.

Custom everything.

#17060 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 24 February 2023 - 03:32 PM

For those of you that bought warrior shells from that SLS seller… these things fit SMALL. Much smaller than any of the previous warrior shells I’ve had. I got a M+1 for my large 9K girdle and I had to jump around to squeeze into this thing. Definitely a tight fit and much shorter than the previous ones that hockeymonkey had a while back. I remember the larges being super long and the mediums honestly not being that much shorter, but these are TIGHT.