Photo

Easton EQ50 Skates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 usadangles1991

usadangles1991

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

Just wondering what these fit like and how they hold up. I currently wear Bauer Vapor X:40s and was thinking about buying these.

New York Rangers

Edmonton Oilers

Team USA

#2 shanemar2000

shanemar2000
  • LocationWpg, MB

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

I was waiting until maybe someone with a little more experience replied but I'll throw my exp in.

I'm very new to hockey, and these are my first pair of quality skates so take with a grain of salt.

About 5 months so far, and they have held up great, really no issues at all. They are very stiff, I've baked them twice plus skated 4 times a week, and there still isn't a great wrap along the foot. 

One big change I made was to get waxed laces, and it has made a huge difference in working in the skate.

They are very stiff, possibly too stiff to start for me, but now I am lacing an eyelet down and I found a huge improvement.

I paid $200 on clearance, and that price still feels like a great buy, as they feel like they will last a long time.

Any other questions please ask, I'll try and help.

#3 - M

- M

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Can't comment on the durability as I've only tried them on in store, never owned.  I am currently skating in a pair of Supremes and I find the EQ50 fits similar in terms of width in the forefoot but the heel pocket is much wider.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#4 usadangles1991

usadangles1991

Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Thanks

New York Rangers

Edmonton Oilers

Team USA