Photo

suspender button repair

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

I need to repair the suspender button on a pair of Warrior Franchise. any hints?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#2 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Your LHS should have some, and be able to install. You could also try something like this- but I would try to put a larger rubber washer in the back to prevent pull through.

#3 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'm in Atlanta and there's only one LHS left unfortunately. I'll ask them if they can handle it but if not I'll try the method in the video. thanks for the link! :)

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#4 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

I don't what the extent of the damage done to your pants but maybe this would work ? With a big washer in between maybe ? 

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#5 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Im in the process of buying a pair of apx pants. I just saw there is no suspender buttons on those. I called my local shoemaker and he said they are not able to put suspender buttons on all pants. Since those pants are high end im assuming they are well padded and its going to be hatd to put buttons. Any ideas if what i can do? Don t want to buy them and be stuck with those. I saw the first video and i think it could work but the pin on the button dosent seem long enough to go tru the pants all the way.

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

can you post  a picture of how it looks broken on your pants?   i think i can fix that like i have on my old nike pants

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 Bawlf

Bawlf
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:34 AM

I actually used a jean repair kit fix mine last year.  It come with a short perforated nail that I put through the fabric loop on my pants and then used a hammer to gently put the button on.  I got the kit of 3 replacement buttons from Walmart I believe.  Its still holding up well and was really cheap to fix compared to getting it professionally done.  I thought for $3, I figured I'd give it a try.

#8 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

Almost every LHS can rivet a new button on your pants in a matter of seconds, I've had a few done over the years as they get corroded and bust off over time. Cost is mere change basically.