Photo

Are these girdle any good?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

I saw those on a local classified and wanted to know if those were good or comparible to the girdles you guys talk about (9k etc...). He says;

This is in great condition. Can seriously consider it new! Has little loops sewed on for reebok 9k shells, so it's custom for any shell.

Should i consider this? Its an xl size and wear 38 pants.

A94662CD-6B8C-40F7-9B50-6A61E1D9E9CE-844

74E04423-DD7E-49AE-B283-13A3A2A5FD24-844

Thanks !

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#2 SnipinFest9

SnipinFest9
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

i believe this is liddy019 add... ( just saying lol)

If you need Maple Leafs Gear do NOT PM me

#3 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

You should consider it lol...the only reason I'm not using it is b/c it's too big....
Liddy:-)

#4 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:11 AM

It does look to be in great condition and you'll be hard pressed to find a near new girdle in Canada for less.

The girdle gets solid reviews on HM: http://www.hockeymon...tor-pro-sr.html

I do notice that a 38 waist is on the big side of the recommended waist size for a large and on the small side of the recommended waist size for the XL. So you may fit these well or they might be a little big - if you try them on and they fit well then it's a good price.

I love my Projekt girdle, but certainly paid more than that for it and know you'd pay a lot more for a 9K.

#5 Thebig

Thebig

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I always had pants so im not familiar with girdles. Those are missing a shell right? But the girdles themselve dont have a gut protector though.

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

#6 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

Yes, you need a shell for a girdle. Most shells will work, but CCM does make a shell specifically designed for this girdle that includes a gut protector: http://www.hockeymon...-vector-sr.html

I wouldn't worry too much about the gut protector though as it's generally just a thin piece of foam that isn't all that protective.

#7 Thebig

Thebig

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

Ok will other shell fit on those gordle like a bauer or just a plain blank shell?

LOOKING FOR

#8 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Yes other shells will as most shells have a tie on them. This actual one though has special loops that were custom, so that the 9k specific shells attach nice to it. A feature that if you were to buy this shell in a store wouldn't have and be way more expensive!
Liddy:-)