Photo

Hockey pants

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Bumping this up, about to get some new pants and just wondering what the main differences are between the totalone and x60s? Also looking at Projekt and Tackla air 9000's. All retail. I haven't bought new pants in about six years so any help is greatly appreciated.  

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#22 Mattcoco35

Mattcoco35
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

Love the feedback guys. I personally went through a few pairs in only a couple seasons, yes retails, but did find the tackla to be durable and comfy. Check em out on my site, and if you guys could leave some reviews on the pants you've tried out that'd be awesome! We're working on a place for guys like us to research and review all the gear available in one place!

Founder of HockeyGearReviews.com | Hockey Gear Reviews...By Hockey Players | Post your reviews today!

#23 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:29 AM

I have been using CCM Crazy Lights for a few sessions (have had skate issues so mostly inline recently, and it is too hot to wear these for inline). I am 6'2, 215 lbs, and have been using size XL. These pants are super light, and they stay dry (I sweat alot). Only downside is they are a but a bit bulky and need breaking in, but I knew this would be the case when I bought them. I bought them with durability, protection, and comfort in mind, and they are good on all three. They are not long pants, so I compensate by wearing them a bit low so that the bottom of the pant lines up with the top of my knee. And then suspenders to hold them perfectly in that place. I had a pretty big gap between my CL shouldies (which are also short pads) and the pants, so I attached a belly guard to the shoulders and feel covered enough now. My main issue is the sweating- I just hate feeling like a wet towel by the time the third period comes around, and the pants and shoudlies of CCM CL are pretty ideal (can't say same of all CL line though). I am beer league only too.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#24 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

I am currently using the CCM Fit 09 pants. I find that CCM pants are the most protective and durable, a tad bulky at first but easily gotten used to. Once broken in the extra padding in crucial areas pays off. I don't have the same problem as Cosmic as I am only 5'7 and 155. I also have the CCM CL shoulders and they meet perfectly with the pants. I will be out for a bit as I will be having Rotator cuff surgery on Dec 2nd but will be itching to get back after it hopefully by April. I am also just in beer league but spending a few extra bucks here and there for solid gear is well worth it in my mind.

#25 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

I am currently using the CCM Fit 09 pants. I find that CCM pants are the most protective and durable, a tad bulky at first but easily gotten used to. Once broken in the extra padding in crucial areas pays off. I don't have the same problem as Cosmic as I am only 5'7 and 155. I also have the CCM CL shoulders and they meet perfectly with the pants. I will be out for a bit as I will be having Rotator cuff surgery on Dec 2nd but will be itching to get back after it hopefully by April. I am also just in beer league but spending a few extra bucks here and there for solid gear is well worth it in my mind.

I know it's off topic, but I agree with you 100% about the few extra bucks- the slapshots from a galvanized rubber projectile hurt the same in beer league as in full checking, if one is in garbage gear. In good gear, one ought be ok. Further, when this hobby is our only exercise (I live in a concrete jungle of decay where the air in unfit to breathe, and the gyms are as charming as 2 week old newspapers), it's best that we enjoy ourselves while we are out there, instead of being generally uncomfortable and wet. And for those of us who are generally not that good (me being one of them), every gram counts!! (to get me moving faster and keep me from getting gassed as quickly)

#26 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 27 October 2013 - 02:47 PM

I have been using CCM Crazy Lights for a few sessions (have had skate issues so mostly inline recently, and it is too hot to wear these for inline). I am 6'2, 215 lbs, and have been using size XL. These pants are super light, and they stay dry (I sweat alot). Only downside is they are a but a bit bulky and need breaking in, but I knew this would be the case when I bought them. I bought them with durability, protection, and comfort in mind, and they are good on all three. They are not long pants, so I compensate by wearing them a bit low so that the bottom of the pant lines up with the top of my knee. And then suspenders to hold them perfectly in that place. I had a pretty big gap between my CL shouldies (which are also short pads) and the pants, so I attached a belly guard to the shoulders and feel covered enough now. My main issue is the sweating- I just hate feeling like a wet towel by the time the third period comes around, and the pants and shoudlies of CCM CL are pretty ideal (can't say same of all CL line though). I am beer league only too.

I have the gap problem as you. Bought totalone pants and there is a big gap berween shoulder pad and pants. Where did you get that belly protector?

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#27 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:46 AM

I have the gap problem as you. Bought totalone pants and there is a big gap berween shoulder pad and pants. Where did you get that belly protector?

I asked a retailer if they had any spare bellyguards laying around, and they sent it to me. I am a bit of a "preferred customer" of theirs I suppose, so the guy I asked I am sure was allowed to send me a "throw-in" item to my order. The bellyguard does not give me a ton of extra protection; it just makes me feel safe more than anything else. It is just a thin, low density foam.