Photo

NHL Game Center vs center ice

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Thinking about buying this for the season. Anyone have any input from using it or have a promo code to help save some cash? 👍
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#2 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

If you use a VPN and set it to Europe you can purchase for $100.

For Sale:

#3 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

What's a VPN and how do you set it to Europe?

#4 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

http://forums.redfla...center-1387987/

Read that. Should give you a better idea of how it works.

For Sale:

#5 jbxtr

jbxtr
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

I dont have cable or satellite, so Gamecenter Live is the only way I watch NHL games other than live in person. Your local team will be blacked out for every game that is on local TV as well as some other games on NHL network, so you'll need a VPN service to get around that. For non-blacked out games, I watch them through GC on Apple TV. For blacked out games, I connect to Witopia VPN and tell them I'm in a different country, open the browser, load the game, once it starts streaming I disconnect from the VPN (you just need it to get the game loaded, then disconnect to get your download speed back for streaming), then I use airplay from my mac to my Apple TV...you could probably do the same thing with Chromecast, but I haven't tried it. It works great and the quality is always very high. Just know that you'll be about 10-15 seconds behind real time, so stay off twitter unless you want spoilers.

#6 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

I dont have cable or satellite, so Gamecenter Live is the only way I watch NHL games other than live in person. Your local team will be blacked out for every game that is on local TV as well as some other games on NHL network, so you'll need a VPN service to get around that. For non-blacked out games, I watch them through GC on Apple TV. For blacked out games, I connect to Witopia VPN and tell them I'm in a different country, open the browser, load the game, once it starts streaming I disconnect from the VPN (you just need it to get the game loaded, then disconnect to get your download speed back for streaming), then I use airplay from my mac to my Apple TV...you could probably do the same thing with Chromecast, but I haven't tried it. It works great and the quality is always very high. Just know that you'll be about 10-15 seconds behind real time, so stay off twitter unless you want spoilers.

confused-o.gif

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#7 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

I have GameCenter as well, I love being able to watch games on my iPad and iPhone.

#8 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

Love having gamecenter, up in flagstaff only coyotes games and national tv games get blacked out which is alright as i have nbc sports network. The in-game highlights thing is awesome, if you miss a sick play you can go back and watch it while the game is still on. Definitely get the phone app as well, watching games or highlights between or in classes is great  :LOL: . Quality is also excellent as long as you have decent a decent internet connection.

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#9 simnorm

simnorm
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

I use VLC with the r/hockey script.

http://imgur.com/a/u5j22

Not working at the moment, no idea why.

#10 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Glad I stumbled on this thread.  I was just thinking about buying Gamecenter.  Now that I know I can use a VPN to watch in-market games, I'm golden!

#11 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 08 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

I have GCL, but seeing how I'm out of market I can watch all of my Sabres games except the ones on TV. But I've already had a work around for that.

Early bird was 150 for the season and you can pay in 25 dollar increments for 6 months.

And if you have a laptop with HDMI output you can watch on your TV without a problem. You are also not locked into a home or away feed, you can watch whichever you want, watch all old games too, and watch multiple games at a time.

#12 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:33 AM

I went with game enter and I used an international VPN and paid 100 for the season. I'm liking it so far but well see how the season progresses!

LGRW! 😏

#13 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

Bumping this thread:

I'm pissed, just got GameCenter and can't even get the games I want : Rangers

Any advice?

#14 AussieCanuckHockeyLover

AussieCanuckHockeyLover

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Good thing about living in Australia, no games are blacked out. Also, it's all we got to watch games. 

#15 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:44 PM

Bumping this thread:

I'm pissed, just got GameCenter and can't even get the games I want : Rangers

Any advice?

we need more info such as why do you think you're not getting the games? do you live in the NYC area?

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#16 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

I left the international VPN on my computer and don't have a problem watching any games even if there local games. Try doing that and you should be fine.

On my phone on the other hand I experience the blackout nuisance.

LGRW!! 😎👍

#17 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

which VPNs do you guys use (i.e. do you pay for VPN or use a free one)? I'm thinking about starting to use one

#18 kimchee411

kimchee411
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

I canceled Gamecenter Live in the first 5 days and went with Hockeystreams.  WAY better, I am loving it!  The only drawback is the possibility of the legal loopholes that allow it to exist could be closed at some point and you are out whatever subscription dues paid up front.  Still well worth the risk IMO.  Gamecenter Live had way too many blackout due to national broadcast, no preseason, no post season.  I think it can really only be used as a supplement to cable.  That was my experience at least.

STUFF I'M LOOKING FOR (NEW/LIKE NEW CONDITION)
• MIC AX1 13" or 14" -- NOT NYI, Oilers, Habs, Ducks, Preds, Hawks, Leafs, Pens, or Devils (retro YES PLEASE).
• Joe Thornton CCM mitts

• Pro stock edge socks:
- Wings away

• Blackhawks red practice jersey 56/58
• Sens Cream Heritage 2.0 game jersey 56/58

#19 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

have they fixed gamecenter for ps3 yet?

#20 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

GCL is meant for out of market people.

And it's great for me, seeing how I live out of Market. I am annoyed by blackouts, but I could probably run a VPN and watch them if really wanted.