Photo

CCM CL shoulders

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:09 AM

Hey guys, I am new to the site and looking for some feedback. Just bought a pair of CCM CL shoulders based purely on reviews and the fact that they fit perfect and feel like they aren't even there. I am having Rotator cuff surgery and upon return was looking to get the most protection I could get . Does anyone have any personal experience with these pads good or bad I would like to hear it.  Thanks,   Dave

#2 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I've been in them for about a year in a half. In contact, they're great, most of the hit seems to deaden out. Only real thing that gets me when I'm hit now is the loss of momentum if its open ice.
Non-contact they're outstanding. I've lost an edge or been tripped a few times including an awkward landing on my right shoulder. Never more than a moment to gather myself.

Only issue for me is they are a little short. I use a 9k girdle so abdominal protection is a little light.

Personal ratings: Comfort/fit:10 Protection(contact):9.5 Protection(coverage):8.5
Overall:9.5

#3 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thank for the response. I think they will be perfect for what I am looking for. Even though a tad pricy I do not want a do over on my shoulder so these seemed to be the best of both worlds, protection and mobility. Not to mention the ventilation they allow.     Dave

#4 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:38 PM

Custom CCM CL with TotalOne bellyguard extension (velcro to attach) to address the shortness issue- not sure if the bellyguard actually offers much protection in that region, but it bridges the gap and gives me at leas the illusion of protection. I play beer league, and am conservative in my skating, and thus the pads have never been put to the test. From what I have read though, they will protect when called to action

3ki8.jpg

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd