Photo

TIME MACHINE : You can go back in time and buy ( or NOT buy... )

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

i'll beat half the site to it and say i would've bought the bure mitts up for sale a couple days before his passing.

^ you mean demitra? 

I think in the end, they ended up being in the right person's possession...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#22 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

1. bought: warrior mega edm gloves. love the colors, thought they looked cool, but theyre huge

2. not bought: in the check out line at the ducks sale with a new pair of new 7k pro elbows, this kid comes screaming at me in mandarin and broken english (im asian too but cmon) with his pissed off dad to give them back because "he left on ground in his pile" i was in a good mood and didnt want to get in an argument so i handed them over. Should have dropped the gloves.

ill add a catagory

3. shouldnt have sold: new yotes roszival franchise with full nash palm, had to sell some rbk pro shins to fund the shipping :wth:

I was thinking of a category like that too. 

3- SOLD OR TRADED AWAY : 

Feedback

#23 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'd go back a few years and buy about 2 dozen Easton SE16 sticks. best stick Easton ever made, imo.

Amen to this.

So glad I got a prostock one now. I'm in love with it again.

I'd go back in time and buy the correct size skate when I started playing. 7d Vapor is too small for me, but I didn't know any better, thought you always wanted to cram your foot into a skate, boy did that hurt the toes if you ever took a puck off the toe cap.

#24 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

i regret when TSR had a massive amount of xxxx's and some WC gloves i should have bought everything they had lol

I remember that, but people were like  " They are NOT pro-stock, they are TSR... "

Feedback

#25 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:39 PM

Bought: Kessel RS2 - I knew the curve wouldn't be for me, or the flex, yet I still bought it anyways. Stupid decision.

Not Bought:  Had a chance a week or so ago to buy 4 Doughty V9Es for an insanely good price, but I had just paid for my flights home for Christmas. I should have just credit carded it since Doughty's kreps variation and his flex are perfect for me.

Sold/Traded: Every Versteeg stick I've sold or traded on this site and others, especially the true Widows I had for a while.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#26 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:45 AM

Bought: Kessel RS2 - I knew the curve wouldn't be for me, or the flex, yet I still bought it anyways. Stupid decision.

Not Bought:  Had a chance a week or so ago to buy 4 Doughty V9Es for an insanely good price, but I had just paid for my flights home for Christmas. I should have just credit carded it since Doughty's kreps variation and his flex are perfect for me.

Sold/Traded: Every Versteeg stick I've sold or traded on this site and others, especially the true Widows I had for a while.

My one friend has two Kessel RS2 sticks he uses.

#27 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

I'd go back in time and buy the correct size skate when I started playing. 7d Vapor is too small for me, but I didn't know any better, thought you always wanted to cram your foot into a skate, boy did that hurt the toes if you ever took a puck off the toe cap.

Not as much a pro stock thing:

+1 for better skate size. I also wish I had made the jump from Bauer to Graf much sooner than I did, or that I had just gone with CCM first. I think it would have been a much better fit for my flipper feet.

I also wish I had ordered custom Christian blades to match my toe-kinked Modano pattern instead of all of the sticks with utterly wrong specs I got to try and match it. Nothing came close, and at the time I didn't have any resources like this or MSH to decode why that worked and nothing at retail would.

One pro stock thing:

I wish I had ordered some of the Mogilny Warrior pro returns Hockey Monkey had in 2008 or whenever that was.

#28 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:12 AM

Bought: Alfie EQ5 skates they feel terrible and basically fell apart in 5 games

Not Bought: Penguins Hossa warrior franchises that were for sale for 150... Wtf was i thinking!

#29 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

pretty sure he does and that was me. I only paid $75 for them too. I eventually got them to where they belonged. :)

I posted the link to those with one day left, just after I started the "thats cool but i dont need it" thread..
I was just starting out, and my broke college self decided being outbid at 60$ was too much

#30 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 December 2013 - 07:52 PM

^ you mean demitra?

Haha yeah, got my pavel/pavols confused

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#31 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

😏 no problem!
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#32 Havok19

Havok19

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

Buy:36 easton stealth 05 yzerman 75 flex no grip
Did not bought :299$ louisville tps yzerman pair of glove game worn signed and coa (i am still piss about that one)

#33 Gefiltefish

Gefiltefish

Posted 09 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

-BOUGHT : Custom Warrior sticks. Bought a 3-pack that cost over $600. Ended up never using them and the flex was so high, no one wanted to buy them. I think I managed to get $200 for all three eventually...

-NOT BOUGHT : SE16's and One95 sticks. Loved those things.

-SOLD OR TRADED AWAY : My pro stock Spezza sticks. Wanted to get away from pro stock curves, so I sold all the ones I had. Think it was 8 or so sticks in total. Wish I could have some of those back. They were SE16 construction to boot....

~Sam~

#34 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

BOUGHT: Marlies Coaches bag. Really nice bag, but spent too much, hardly use it, and it's huge.

NOT BOUGHT: This can only be three things... 

1) A pair of Yzerman Easton gloves from his later years for around $200 I believe.

2) Red Wings bag off kijiji for $150 some time last year.

3) This bag from Baker...

2gxr8fl.jpg

SOLD OR TRADED AWAY: Brand new pair of Bauer Wings pants I only got to wear once and sold because I needed the money.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#35 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 09 December 2013 - 08:12 PM

I have a few RBK tapered blades if your interested?

#36 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 December 2013 - 11:51 PM

I love how you saved the pic Grizz hahaha... One day you'll get mine ;). And you know you can sauce me that Marlies coaches bag...

Mine are:

BOUGHT: Pens skate bag - not really a regret cause it's pretty fucking sick and got it for a steal but it just sits here. I know there's a home for it somewhere

NOT BOUGHT: Hmmm well I have 2...

1) Pair of Olympic MIA gloves - They were sex.

2) Pair of LA Kings Retro Gloves - 13' - Still haven't found a pair I want not from school haha

SOLD OR TRADED AWAY: It's not really a regret cause it went to a good home but, my very first pair of different shades of blue MIA gloves. They were a historic pair of gloves, my first trade/deal ever and they got me into the pro stock world! But they were just sitting around and gear is meant to be used!

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#37 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:20 AM

Sold - TSR Winter Classic 4 Rolls

Not Bought - Kings Vintage 852s that were $200 shipped in 2011

#38 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 10 December 2013 - 02:54 AM

Style 4. Those damn gloves I got are so narrow. Cramps my hand up real bad.

I'm pretty sure it was only going to be like $100-$120 for those Sturms back at the sale.  D'OH

put them in a skate oven for 3 minutes and then put them on

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#39 peckmic2

peckmic2
  • LocationHill Valley, CA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

brad i passed on those yzerman gloves as well if im thinking of the same ones... really upset about it now. thanks for reminding me.

#40 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

brad i passed on those yzerman gloves as well if im thinking of the same ones... really upset about it now. thanks for reminding me.

Had to be the same pair. Z-airs that were on kijiji i believe

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif