Photo

Eagle Hockey Custom Gloves

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

#621 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:10 PM

And here I am, still waiting on my pair from May...

I work at Eagle and we do not have any outstanding orders from May. Who did you place your order through?

#622 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:25 PM

They couldn't even get tapered gussets right on my gloves unfortunately

+1 to that...

Did you guys notify the store that you purchased the gloves through? We would have got them back & fixed them or refunded the missed modification.

#623 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:21 PM

Did you guys notify the store that you purchased the gloves through? We would have got them back & fixed them or refunded the missed modification.

Store was notified, easy refund. There's a few of us that it happened to. On a custom order build sheet, where a customer is paying good money to build a glove, it's kinda hard to overlook something like a custom gusset height/taper considering the gussets are an essential part of the glove. Just my opinion though.

#624 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:51 PM

I work at Eagle and we do not have any outstanding orders from May. Who did you place your order through?

You work for Eagle? Why aren't we friends?

#625 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

Store was notified, easy refund. There's a few of us that it happened to. On a custom order build sheet, where a customer is paying good money to build a glove, it's kinda hard to overlook something like a custom gusset height/taper considering the gussets are an essential part of the glove. Just my opinion though.

Completely understand your frustration! Unfortunately there is human error sometimes, but we are more then willing to fix any issues. 

For anyone that is looking to order custom gloves with tapered gussets, make sure to specify how you want them tapered otherwise they get done as -1/4" around the entire finger.

#626 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:42 PM

I think he is only friends with good hockey players!

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#627 fpm39

fpm39

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:45 PM

Did you guys notify the store that you purchased the gloves through? We would have got them back & fixed them or refunded the missed modification.

I had already waited for my gloves and didn't want to go through the hassle of sending them back so I just let it go.

#628 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

I think he is only friends with good hockey players!

Ouch! Hey I get paid to play... do you?

#629 - M

- M

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

Having worked in hockey retail, the noted specs are only as good as what the customer and/or store put down.  Not glove related but I've lost track of how many times customers have dropped off their skates for profiling but had no idea what spec they wanted them profiled to.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#630 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:24 AM

We are friends already!  :agree:

#631 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 20 October 2016 - 06:58 AM

Having worked in hockey retail, the noted specs are only as good as what the customer and/or store put down. Not glove related but I've lost track of how many times customers have dropped off their skates for profiling but had no idea what spec they wanted them profiled to.

Believe me, to the guys that it happened to they know exactly how to specify their glove specs. No sense in beating a dead horse though. The glove still turned out great on my behalf, just a tad bit disappointed that's all.

#632 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:42 AM

I won't go into who is handling my order because they have done a great job. This is my third or fourth order through them and I trust them very much with the whole thing. I lost track of how many gloves I ordered because they've had to be sent back to Eagle at least six, seven, maybe eight times for repairs. Granted, some times they get sent back for minor things but I figure "hey, I'm spending over $200 on this pair of gloves and I've already waited this long, I might as well get them exactly how I want." However, I always have to settle for some errors. And yes, I always ask what the Eagle standard is for each model before picking my exact measurements or modifications. An example with my last pair of gloves (which I just gave up on after so many back and forths) was that I asked the guy the exact finger lengths for this model, he asks Eagle and sends me their exact measurement. However, when I get gloves, they're at least an inch shorter all around than the measurement. The pinky finger was about 2" long. Comically short.

I've told myself that I wouldn't order gloves from Eagle anymore. However, I caved this time because I wanted some goat gloves. I basically have to ask for stock gloves because they will get messed up. However, I did have two requests for this one. I wanted Easton style tabs. I sent pictures of the style tabs I want on both Easton and Warrior gloves and did a mock up using Eagle's customizer that included the mock tabs. Still messed it up. The other mod was -1/4" gussets. Yeah, they came with gussets that were about 1/4" tall instead. The fingers were the wrong length too. So, they're back at Eagle being remade again. I was asked how I wanted the cuff done but when I asked if they could modify it slightly, the guy handling the order actually told me "are you sure stock won't be okay? I'm afraid they'll mess it up again." He even joked about putting my order in under a different name. This is how bad it's gotten.

So yeah, it's a bit of a wall of text and I'm sure I mixed something up but there's some of my frustration with Eagle. There's tons of little errors that I didn't mention. It's a shame too because I love their gloves and their palms. They also have great custom shells. But they can't follow a damn spec list (completely spelled out with how I want them and picture examples) to save their lives. It's actually mind boggling.

#633 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:09 AM

I won't go into who is handling my order because they have done a great job. This is my third or fourth order through them and I trust them very much with the whole thing. I lost track of how many gloves I ordered because they've had to be sent back to Eagle at least six, seven, maybe eight times for repairs. Granted, some times they get sent back for minor things but I figure "hey, I'm spending over $200 on this pair of gloves and I've already waited this long, I might as well get them exactly how I want." However, I always have to settle for some errors. And yes, I always ask what the Eagle standard is for each model before picking my exact measurements or modifications. An example with my last pair of gloves (which I just gave up on after so many back and forths) was that I asked the guy the exact finger lengths for this model, he asks Eagle and sends me their exact measurement. However, when I get gloves, they're at least an inch shorter all around than the measurement. The pinky finger was about 2" long. Comically short.

I've told myself that I wouldn't order gloves from Eagle anymore. However, I caved this time because I wanted some goat gloves. I basically have to ask for stock gloves because they will get messed up. However, I did have two requests for this one. I wanted Easton style tabs. I sent pictures of the style tabs I want on both Easton and Warrior gloves and did a mock up using Eagle's customizer that included the mock tabs. Still messed it up. The other mod was -1/4" gussets. Yeah, they came with gussets that were about 1/4" tall instead. The fingers were the wrong length too. So, they're back at Eagle being remade again. I was asked how I wanted the cuff done but when I asked if they could modify it slightly, the guy handling the order actually told me "are you sure stock won't be okay? I'm afraid they'll mess it up again." He even joked about putting my order in under a different name. This is how bad it's gotten.

So yeah, it's a bit of a wall of text and I'm sure I mixed something up but there's some of my frustration with Eagle. There's tons of little errors that I didn't mention. It's a shame too because I love their gloves and their palms. They also have great custom shells. But they can't follow a damn spec list (completely spelled out with how I want them and picture examples) to save their lives. It's actually mind boggling.

Just sent you a direct message!

#634 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:20 AM

Hey guys, looking to maybe order ppf x844 gloves w/ green / royal / grey colorway. how do they compare to the areo pro's

The PPF X844 is wider, has a longer hand and shorter fingers compared to the Aero Pro. 

#635 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:26 AM

Ok, so I just started following this and am looking to possible order some new eagles this summer and need some advice from you experts. I have a set of X70's that I've had since probably 2003 or so. These gloves have withstood a lot of abuse and are still in pretty good condition which makes we want to purchase another pair, especially since the pics from everyone look so good. Also, I'm not sure what palms are on these, but they're pretty comfy.

Alright, so the things I like about the x70's are the short cuffs and the angled 4 rolls and overall protection. The one thing I would like to change is a little tighter fit through the fingers and have it widen up a little as it moves back to the cuffs for mobility. What model of glove would be the best place to start with for the customization process? I'd like to do the mesh gussets and pointed fingers and short cuffs (maybe even the hossa ones), but I'm still on the fence about the color scheme and embroidery but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_20160217_220736232_zpsoncx7gjo.jpg

IMG_20160217_220826935_zpsng9mpftg.jpg

We are still able to do the X70 glove, however we are no longer able to do the cuff with the circle piece. The X70 cuff would come standard like this:

eagle_x70_black.jpg

#636 nisselrm

nisselrm
  • LocationNorthern Virginia/ D.C

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:43 AM

I was told when I ordered my pairs that the x70 wasn't able to be built because they were the overseas last? Ended up with ppf+ based on a reps suggestion and can't wear them.

Always looking for 15" four roll/nexus gloves

#637 MCMXC

MCMXC
  • LocationLondon, ON

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

I was told when I ordered my pairs that the x70 wasn't able to be built because they were the overseas last? Ended up with ppf+ based on a reps suggestion and can't wear them.

The X70, as far as I know, has always been made in Canada.

#638 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:33 AM

so my wife made me take maternity photos today. I insisted

MF3zwvS.jpg

#639 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

so my wife made me take maternity photos today. I insisted

MF3zwvS.jpg

:nw:  :nw:  :nw:  :nw: