Photo

Olympic Gear Talk

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Thought I would create this for people to post gear thoughts pictures of stuff they have seen etc...

Do you think the guys will continue using the bauer Odin gear after the Olympics? Or do you think they go back to there apx2s or nxgs etc...

Also anyone notice that most of the women's teams are using gloves with normal font? Russia's ccm gloves where the same font.
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#2 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

I don't think the skates can be used after the Olympics as they have a very limited amount of usage. The other stuff probably will get used. I think Toews has been using the bodysuit thing for like months now.

For Sale:

#3 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

What does the body suit do?

#4 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:19 PM

What does the body suit do?

form fitted protective. super light

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#5 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

I think they might continue wearing the skates why not right they have the money to buy new skates when the steal runs down haha

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I don't think the skates can be used after the Olympics as they have a very limited amount of usage.

What do you mean?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:51 PM

There's a rumor going around that the steel can only be sharpened so many times and after that there's no replacing it. They would have to get a whole new skate.

I don't know why you couldn't just change the tuuk but it could be fused to the boot itself.

#8 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:27 PM

It's not a rumour. It was confirmed in an interview MSH had with the Bauer people. 

From this thread on MSH - http://www.modsquadh...roject/?hl=od1n

The holder is designed to last for the Olympics, and that's it.  They can get 30 sharpenings out of it; Bauer collaborated with Blackstone to build a special jig to be able to sharpen it.  The players' equipment managers on their respective NHL and country's teams will have the jig.

So basically I don't see this being used in the NHL. The goalie pads / player suit, sure. But the skates are just ridiculous. 

For Sale:

#9 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:22 AM

I'd think 30 sharpenings would be longer than the Olympics...either way skates look bogus and I'm not excited for them.

#10 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

30 sharpenings isn't that much for an NHLer I wouldn't think. Don't a lot of guys get them sharpened between periods/ice times?

No reason to get excited. Not like any of us will get a chance to use them.

For Sale:

#11 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:33 AM

It's not a rumour. It was confirmed in an interview MSH had with the Bauer people.

From this thread on MSH - http://www.modsquadh...roject/?hl=od1n

So basically I don't see this being used in the NHL. The goalie pads / player suit, sure. But the skates are just ridiculous.

Thank you i said it was a rumor till proof was given

#12 DonCarpino

DonCarpino
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

Its looks like from the pictures I saw that neither Kane or Toews were using the odin skate in practice today

#13 DonCarpino

DonCarpino
  • LocationToronto

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

o7ai.jpg

mf3s.jpg

#14 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

I'd think 30 sharpenings would be longer than the Olympics...either way skates look bogus and I'm not excited for them.

Crosby gets his skates sharpened every period.

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#15 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

Hmm.. that is very odd. I thought the whole point of them was for them to be worn in the Olympics.

For Sale:

#16 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

What a waste of money they probably failed testing

#17 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:39 AM

Crosby gets his skates sharpened every period.

Right, but there are also players who go weeks without sharpenings.

#18 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

30 sharpenings isn't that much for an NHLer I wouldn't think. Don't a lot of guys get them sharpened between periods/ice times?

No reason to get excited. Not like any of us will get a chance to use them.

Not everyone. Crosby for sure does though. Some guys like dull skates while others like sharp skates.

I heard Lundqvist was using the Odin pads this season, just reskinned of course.

#19 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I was watching one of the skiing events last night and I find it ridiculous that skiers can have huge logos on their skis but hockey players have to have tiny fonts on their gloves.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#20 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Ovi has the Russian Flag painted on his skates.

ovi-skates-sochi-607x583.jpg