Photo

Nailing the Canucks

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:43 AM

It's complete garbage and I'm getting so tired of it. Do the twins dive sometimes? Absolutely. When people chirp them for that they need to get off their high horse. Players dive. The old line if you're not cheating you're not trying applies here. They also go out and win scoring titles. The CANUCKS didn't close the deal in the finals. It wasn't Daniel and Henrik Sedin who lost. And really, more than anything it was Thomas who won it. He played great, the Bruins stayed healthy and they deserved to win. It's really really easy to find Youtube clips criminalizing a player. Some easier than others, but everyone everyone EVERYONE does things behind the refs backs that they get away with. The Canucks play well, the President's Trophy and Stanley Cup Finals appearance speak to that. Winning their division the last four years speaks to that. The Canucks are no more or less dirty or whiny or whatever than any other team - they just win more than most teams.

#2 Brian

Brian

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

They had a good run last year. Hopefully this year they win one more game. ;)

They also get paid millions of dollars to play hockey, so they must be doing something right huh.

#3 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

It's easy for other teams fans to believe that the Canucks are the biggest divers and whiners when NHLers have mentioned the Canucks antics . All those wins you talked have resulted in zero cups so they don't mean much. Sorry for not pumping your teams tires bud.

#4 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:25 PM

I think almost every team in the NHL has "antics" that have been mentioned by fellow NHLers, I'm not a Canucks fan but to try and single the Canucks out on that as basis for an argument is a stretch.

#5 Brian

Brian

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

Nickerjones = #1 Canucks hater on S2K.
lol

Hamhuis is a real bad boy too. he socks Patty Kane so hard right here. Surprised he didn't get knocked out cold.

#6 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

I don't like the hawks either... So you're preaching to choir.

#7 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Well than who do you like? I'm sure they are the perfect team that we are forgetting about...

#8 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:43 PM

That Kane clip is exactly right. I'm not saying the Canucks are perfect, I'm saying that no one is. And yeah, the Canucks haven't won a Cup recently. In the past ten years there have been 21 teams who haven't won the Cup. That's a lotta wins with no Cups. And Nickerjones, you still haven't mentioned decisively who your favourite team is....

#9 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

I'm a big Hawks fan, but let me put it this way...

Canucks...huge divers, kind of cheap, don't care for them, can't seem to put it together.

Blackhawks (my team)...huge whiners, Kane's such a b*tch (god, I hope he gets traded), too cocky, too soft...

Both teams should just shut up and play like men a bit.

BTW, I'll take Kesler on the Hawks all day.

#10 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Well than who do you like? I'm sure they are the perfect team that we are forgetting about...

I can honestly say the Calgary Flames are not perfect. But my team's captain has a hell of a lot more class than the captain diver of the Canucks, you would never Iggy pull that crap.. EVER.

Plus lets be honest , part of being a fan is being passionate about your team and hating others. I hate the Canucks, the Hawks, and the Oilers .... and that's my right as a fan. You guys are free to root for and hate whoever you want. Funny thing tho, I got into hockey and rooting for the Flames ( my Canadian wife is from Calgary and introduced me to the sport so the Flames were the logical ( see my wife demanded) choice) then they moved the Oilers farm team to my home town... Karma eh?

#11 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Go Red Wings? Wanna talk about class, look no further than Nicky Lidstrom

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#12 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

I agree completely about Iggy, he's my favourite player. And Lidstrom is the classiest there is, no doubt about it. Henrik has dived before, but so has every player. And he's not insane about it. Saying so is silly. And even if he were, he still won the scoring title.

#13 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

I agree completely about Iggy, he's my favourite player. And Lidstrom is the classiest there is, no doubt about it. Henrik has dived before, but so has every player. And he's not insane about it. Saying so is silly. And even if he were, he still won the scoring title.

He also guaranteed a Game 7 victory !

#14 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Who did? Henrik?

#15 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Who did? Henrik?

Captain Canuck.. I can't either of those guys straight.. they look the same, flop around on the ice the same, one is a captain, and they both love ponies.

#16 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:49 AM

ahhh nothing better than seeing the Flames beat the Canucks. Grammer you should be proud of your boy Alberts... He had a hat trick last night.. Elbowed Backlund in the face , Dangerous hit to the head on Comeau, and then decides to jump Backlund and fight the guy that is 1/3rd his size. What an F'in loser . Perfect Canuck tho! :up:

#17 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

just for fun:
Iggy Iggy Iggy
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:06 PM

You can enjoy a mid February win for the Flames. They're not going to post any wins at the end of April or in May or June when it matters. So yeah, you can have your two points, the Canucks will take their one and stay in the race for the President's Trophy.

#19 Shark#81

Shark#81
  • LocationSproat Lake

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Iggy keeps in 100% motion (puck or stick or body no stalling out) with the hard drive off the left skate, rapid change in direction, power move. great goal.
Latest hockey video:
http://youtu.be/Ncx5fned0ag?hd=1

#20 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

the Canucks will take their one and stay in the race for the President's Trophy.

and all the while they can enjoy another a year where they continue their history long cup drought... hell maybe their fans can actually destroy the whole city this year.