Photo

Proper Shinny Etiquette: 101

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#181 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

I like to show up with a tin of dip, a fifth of Bacardi and rip head high clap bombs at the tenders

You are awesome lank!!!! Love it

#182 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

One of the rinks near me has shinny for kids, little ones. However parents are encouraged to participate which is normally great. Today there was some jerk ripping shots and flying around the kids wearing SUNGLASSES. He almost died when he nearly clipped a kid with a shot.

#183 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:15 PM

One of the rinks near me has shinny for kids, little ones. However parents are encouraged to participate which is normally great. Today there was some jerk ripping shots and flying around the kids wearing SUNGLASSES. He almost died when he nearly clipped a kid with a shot.

I'm not going to apologize

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#184 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm not going to apologize

lol!

#185 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:52 PM

How about the guys who complain about everything other players are doing on the ice all night ?

It just sucks all the energy out of the bench and makes it no fun to be on the same team as these guys.

And they continue to complain in the locker room after the game.

hahaha so all of us in this topic :P

#186 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

don't know if i complained about this one yet. 

played at pick up yesterday at day time shinny. Usually at daytime shinny it's not as fast/skilled as the  night ones that i go to because it's mainly older guys. 

The one thing they do that's annoying is the hooking and high stick checking. At the day time i tend to be one of the faster guys on the ice due to the crowd, so it's annoying when go around a guy with the puck he just hooks the shit out of you or even worse stick checks you around your hands/chest area. I don't need more sticks flying around my face and hooking is a penalty in real game situation so why do it it shinny?

I understand the old nhl was a lot more grabbing and hooking and whatnot, but man, move with the times

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#187 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 October 2014 - 02:01 PM

epic

#188 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

don't know if i complained about this one yet.

played at pick up yesterday at day time shinny. Usually at daytime shinny it's not as fast/skilled as the night ones that i go to because it's mainly older guys.

The one thing they do that's annoying is the hooking and high stick checking. At the day time i tend to be one of the faster guys on the ice due to the crowd, so it's annoying when go around a guy with the puck he just hooks the shit out of you or even worse stick checks you around your hands/chest area. I don't need more sticks flying around my face and hooking is a penalty in real game situation so why do it it shinny?

I understand the old nhl was a lot more grabbing and hooking and whatnot, but man, move with the times

You complain about shinny A LOT. Maybe try to remember what's it's for, or stop.

#189 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 07 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

+1

most guys playing mens league yet alone shinny have 0 hockey etiquette, nevermind shinny etiquette

and the best part is how clueless they are about it...you don't have to grow up playing hockey to have common sense

#190 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

this topic is so people can learn shinny etiquette. 

i'm pointing out things that you shouldn't do.

I play enough shinny's and organized pick up sessions and the majority of the time they go pretty good. But when you have that one or two guys who act like tards then it should be pointed out. 

Why?

So the people that read this don't act like those idiots on the ice. 

#191 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 08 October 2014 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for being the self-appointed sports2k shinny guru.

OR. Dont complain, and just play. That's what shinny is for. Stop complaining.

If people followed every single thing you've complained about, and believe me, there's A LOT, we'd basically be playing ringuette out there. Get over it.

#192 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:16 PM

Topic is called shinny etiquette 101 if you haven't noticed yet.