185 replies to this topic

#21 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:46 AM

Wish I could have tried it.

#22 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:32 PM

It's a companies way of getting sticks into the consumers hands. Their hoping by offering these free sticks it will get new future customers. Let's be honest, if I spray painted all my warrior sticks with Bauer graphics they would fly off the shelf. I've always thought warrior made a good stick but couldn't find a way to get them into the consumers hand. This might be a $100k+ gamble but if it generates better stick sales in the future then it's worth it.
Remember the days when Easton and mission gave you a new stick for buying their skates? Same concept.

#23 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

Like CCM did with the RBZ skates and stick!

I've honestly only never bought a Warrior stick solely based on the graphics... I know that's really 'hockey shallow' of me but they just have never been appealing haha. A dragon on a stick? Fo real? I'm happy they've toned it down a little bit.

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#24 uclahockey707

uclahockey707

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:20 AM

Ive tried warrior once, and never felt like taking another $200 gamble on their newer sticks. Even if my friends say the things are amazing I wouldn't bother to deviate from easton or bauer.

#25 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:50 AM

Similar to what Steph said, I too was apprehensive about using Warrior because I couldn't take their sticks seriously. The colour choices, the names (Kronik/Johnson/etc.), but once the Widow came out, I decided to give them a better chance and I was surprised by how much I liked them. Since then I've pretty much split the sticks I use between Warrior and Easton (dabbling with Bauer every now and then).  Now that I was able to get custom sticks done, I'll be sticking with Warrior.

I think since the Widow, Warrior has been making some of the (if not the) strongest offerings in terms of retail high-end sticks. Outside of an EK15 Rekker, this is the first time in a long time I have no desire to try and of the new offerings outside of Warriors.

*knock on wood* If I burn through my current batch of customs, I'm eager to see if I can make my next order the QR1 build. 

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#26 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:31 AM

Ive tried warrior once, and never felt like taking another $200 gamble on their newer sticks. Even if my friends say the things are amazing I wouldn't bother to deviate from easton or bauer.

dontbelieveyou_zps89b1450f.gif

Easton? really? lawls

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#27 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:32 AM

It's a companies way of getting sticks into the consumers hands. Their hoping by offering these free sticks it will get new future customers. Let's be honest, if I spray painted all my warrior sticks with Bauer graphics they would fly off the shelf. I've always thought warrior made a good stick but couldn't find a way to get them into the consumers hand. This might be a $100k+ gamble but if it generates better stick sales in the future then it's worth it.
Remember the days when Easton and mission gave you a new stick for buying their skates? Same concept.

Its like what Ludacris says, 

Word of Mouf

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#28 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

Too bad theyre back with the weird colors for this one

#29 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

back with the weird traditional warrior colors for this one

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#30 Oey444

Oey444
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 20 May 2014 - 02:51 PM

So true about the awkward colour combinations and names with Warrior. I started out using Bauer sticks simply because (to me) they were the most well known name in hockey.

I got my hands on a warrior widow (albeit pro stock) that at least had normal all black graphics and nothing too flashy. I will say that I actually love it a lot and since I have always been looking for Warrior sticks more here and there. I'd say Bauer is still my go to for sticks but Warrior has definitely bumped into second above the Reebok and Eastons that I use.

Go Sens Go!

Go Jets Go!

Always interested in any Sens gear.

LF: Spezza Luxes/Coverts, Kovy Luxes, EK65 Coverts, EK65 gear in general

#31 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:45 PM

back with the weird traditional warrior colors for this one

Exactly.

Im glad they brought back the traditional look of the Warrior sticks a few years back.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#32 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:06 PM

I do really like the look of the Widow, it's so simple. I find them super stiff though (at least the PS ones) I had Grabo ones ready to pick up 3 then flexed it and it was way to stiff for a 75. All the other colours just turn me off lol. I don't even bother looking. Just goes to show that marketing is so important, it's crazy.

Hopefully these QR1s preforms awesome as I don't mind the look THAT much. I would probably put out for customs if they're unreal. 

Till then I'm sticking to my Bauers and V9s

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#33 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:09 PM

The graphics are pretty tame compared to typical Warrior fashion..

BkfJCbyIgAAgGb-.jpg

WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#34 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:17 PM

Agreed but the orange and baby blue are still pretty out there haha. I wish they just did baby blue or orange (maybe not since Easton) but still!

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#35 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:19 PM

The other side is a lot simpler too.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#36 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:28 PM

I'm not a huge fan of those graphics either.. i thought the widow looked amazing.. dt1 was alright too.. did the website let you guys pick a grip finish? I don't remember it asking me.. wish it came with grip..

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#37 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

I didn't pick a grip either. Guess it's one of those things it's probably cheeper and way faster to make em all without since it's something you can easily add on vs. taking it off

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#38 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:20 PM

Really hope the white is available. So dirty.
image-24.jpg
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#39 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

The white will not be available, at least its not suppose to be.

#40 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

IN for white. haha

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear