Photo

Just Missed

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

All I want in life is a pair of Jofa 5044 elbow pads in size 4 or 5. There is a pair right now on Ebay in size 6. My question is, one to ten, how frustrating do you find stuff like this? And have you ever found EXACTLY what you want, save for one detail?

#2 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Tons of times with skates. (although Im super wary of ever buying skates off eBay) so I'd say from 1 to 10 is like a 6.5 of frustration.

But I have a EE wide foot. So occasionally I'll see some 9.5 pro stock skates, but they're always a D or something. Like there's a pair of Willie Mitchell's total ones up right now, 9.5 and 9 1/4 or something, but only a D width. Frustrating, but probably for the best, lol.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#3 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

This happens alot to me with pants. Probably like a 6 or 7 on the scale since I always come across the really cool ones that are never the right size.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#4 LeMagnifique66

LeMagnifique66

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

All the time, bro. Kind of comes with the territory, I guess. If you want those elbows about as much as I'd like some 9177's, then I'd rate it about a 7 or 8 on the suck-O-meter.

The one that still chaps my cheeks the most though was a NEW/UNUSED pro stock 9K girdle that actually WAS my size (large) that went up for sale just a few weeks ago. I had literally just bought a new pair of Tackla's the day before. Thus, I refused to drop more coin just on principle. When I came to my senses a few days later it was already sold. (Naturally. :nono: )

#5 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 13 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

All I want in life is a pair of Jofa 5044 elbow pads in size 4 or 5. There is a pair right now on Ebay in size 6. My question is, one to ten, how frustrating do you find stuff like this? And have you ever found EXACTLY what you want, save for one detail?

the one detail for me is usually price :agree:

#6 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:06 PM

I've let a few beauty things slip away from price. Particularly nauseating is a pair of pro Reebok 852s in the Kings purple and gold. They were $200. SO worth it, but I decided they were too much. I usually just buy the stuff I really want and then pay for it later. Literally. I don't actually have any money. Thank/curse you Visa.

#7 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:35 PM

yeah I feel ya.. I tried that before and my wife opened the visa bill before I got it .... NO BUENO!

#8 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:50 PM

Haha. I'm not married, but my girlfriend and I made a list of four items I could buy with no questions asked. One of them is the 5044 elbows. The other items are Habs shells and Leafs (or any solid royal blue) shells. So if anyone reading this has these things......... Also Thrashers Vapor XXXXs - but I managed to snag those.

#9 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 14 February 2012 - 04:52 AM

For me it's usually nice gloves in a size 15. I use 13-14 and rather be able to use them
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#10 1stOverall

1stOverall

Posted 15 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Black Warrior pro stock pants size M missed a couple on ebay, if anyone has any or can get any price is no factor let me know