Photo

Pro stock Bauer gloves @ Pure Hockey

• Please log in to reply
440 replies to this topic

#401 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

I would guess it has something to do with all AHL/ECHL players having Reebok/CCM branded stuff, no? 

This is what I think, probably 60-70% of the league is wearing Reebok/CCM stuff (probably not skates as I believe Bauer is the leader there) if I were to make a guess, just means more gets sold at team sales, way more supply going into the market than any other brands

#402 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:32 PM

I would guess it has something to do with all AHL/ECHL players having Reebok/CCM branded stuff, no? 

That would definitely contribute to it, but that doesn't account for all the NHL-specific Reebok and CCM pants that hit the market a year ago.  HockeyMonkey had Reebok pants from every team, in every size, medium, large, XL, some in the +1 and +2 sizes.  They had these in both 520s and in 7000s.   And then they had the CCM branded 520s and 7000s too.   They easily put over a thousand pairs of brand new Reebok and CCM pro stock pants onto the market (and that's a conservative guess).   That's substantial for a pro stock buyer's market that really isn't all that big, and why they're a lot easier to find in a variety of sizes for every team.  And they charged less than $120 a pair (shipped), so all that inventory hit the streets.

#403 dimitrym91

dimitrym91
  • LocationSouth Detroit, Ontario

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:46 PM

Thats a very one time thing though, a huge drop in the hat without a doubt but team sales for the past couple of years anyways are pumping tons of Reebok/CCM stuff out, it just all adds up over time, not as many guys are wearing Bauer so not as much stuff is in the market, now with over 1000 pieces going out that would change but since it isn't sold at team sales in the same volumes, from what I've seen anyways, I'm just not sure if it can necessarily compare to Reebok, thats all I'm saying

#404 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:58 PM

I don't know when you started collecting gear, but it used to be very difficult and expensive to find two-piece pro stock pants in decent shape in any brand.  If you could get your hands on a pair that were new or lightly used, the prices were $100 higher than they are now.   Good luck finding smalls and mediums from a team sale.   If you could, whoever was selling them made out like a bandit on their resale.   Then that Hockeymonkey shipment hit the internet, every pair of pants was brand new, and there were a lot of them in every size, for every team.  It changed the marketplace, and that's why there's so many Reebok and CCM 520s and 7000s around in sizes that you'd never find at a team sale - there's not too many NHL players wearing little pants.

You started off saying "CCM and Reebok aren't really rare though the way Bauer seems to be these days"

I'm telling you why that is.

#405 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:37 PM

^ couldnt agree more.... it was great and terrible all at once. It took things that were impossible to find and made them attainable, which like was stated was a double edged sword

#406 - M

- M

Posted 31 July 2014 - 10:07 PM

imagine if pure hockey had the same sale with all warrior gloves and they were selling at these prices? I would probably take out a small loan. 

Somewhat off topic but that would be a little crazier IMO. 

Warrior cleared out their pro Franchise gloves and pants last year.  Dealer cost was much higher though and there was a minimum ordering quantity.  Not sure what the terms were on this Bauer deal.  Doubt other accounts got a crack at them.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#407 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Devils 4 rolls up on pure get them while you can

http://www.purehocke...14-28989/foster

Get it!

#408 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, I believe that's the pair that was sent to Carle Place for me. I ended up not taking them because I got them from the website first. Either way they ended up being too big. Way too roomy for me.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#409 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 01 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, I believe that's the pair that was sent to Carle Place for me. I ended up not taking them because I got them from the website first. Either way they ended up being too big. Way too roomy for me.

I must have missed a lot durning this sale or was too slow, first time I've seen them on the site..Yea I've tried on retail 4 rolls and clowe's, just weren't snug enough for my liking .... Now just wish those retro apx flames would appear! Got my hands on a pair of those bellys

#410 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Website sale on all remaining Pro Stock gloves@20% off plus free shipping  at Pure Hockey

#411 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

As title says guys remainder of Pro Stock gloves are 20% off on website and also free shipping. See website for further details.

#412 t6lock

t6lock
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:29 PM

If only it was free shipping to Canada.... and no border fees

#413 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Still, most of the gloves are now 80 bucks plus ship, you will never beat that brand new.

#414 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:18 PM

Topics merged :)

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#415 FatTire10

FatTire10

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Pulled the trigger on a pair of Bauer 4 rolls, labelled as Martinek. Really just wanted them for the color they had displayed (Rangers/Caps colors). I was wondering if anyone had any experience where the colors ended up being different than what was displayed on the site. I noticed that Martinek had played only one season in Columbus (those colors would be ok too) which could explain why there's Red/White/Blue colored gloves with his name. Mostly I'm just trying to avoid getting sent a pair of Isles colored gloves.

#416 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

So why don't you call PH and ask them for verification?
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#417 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

Yeah, I think all the Martinek's they have are Isles colors.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#418 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:06 PM

topics merged

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#419 FatTire10

FatTire10

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

So why don't you call PH and ask them for verification?

Funny what a phone call can do :)

They confirmed they're in the colors I wanted. Rep said he just had them in his hand to update their online stock and they should ship out today.

#420 FatTire10

FatTire10

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, I think all the Martinek's they have are Isles colors.

The rep said they're capitals style colors, I'm still wondering why there are gloves in those colors made for him
Maybe from his CBJ days.