Photo

Vancouver s2kers drop-in/meet-up!

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#21 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

I'm down to play whenever. Saturday nights out at UBC for the winter is their drop in time, however that fills up pretty quick as you have to phone in that day to reserve your spot. My expression for ice at Rogers arena would be for a one time deal for the experience, mainly because its something that I have always wanted to do. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#22 MileHigh23

MileHigh23
  • LocationAthabasca, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

My brother is moving to Vancouver, he is a goalie, if you guys ever need one you could give him a shout. Pm me if you would want his number. He is a good goalie, played 4 years of junior.

#23 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

My brother is moving to Vancouver, he is a goalie, if you guys ever need one you could give him a shout. Pm me if you would want his number. He is a good goalie, played 4 years of junior.

No, I want to be able to score! :)

#24 MileHigh23

MileHigh23
  • LocationAthabasca, Alberta, Canada

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Haha well make sure he is on your team

#25 - M

- M

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

Are people only interested in renting expensive ice?

But we need to play in a pro stock rink for this pro stock gathering.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#26 Scdp99

Scdp99

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:54 PM

I would be interested in getting in on this game

#27 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

But we need to play in a pro stock rink for this pro stock gathering.

Exactly!!!! Authentic Pro Stock. 

#28 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

the canucks and visiting teams practice at a lot of rinks, so technically a lot of them are pro stock, at least if we all wear practice jerseys haha...

#29 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:19 PM

So lets go play out at Doug Mitchell and call it a sports2k pro stock practice? 

#30 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:25 PM

UBC's waaaay too far for me! Something centrally located would be ideal for any of us south of the Fraser.

#31 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:27 PM

Maybe Hillcrest? Kerrisdale? Britannia? I just know quite a few drop-ins that are run at RIC that wouldn't require an upfront cost, unless, of course, someone here is interested in slapping down their CC.

#32 Ash

Ash
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

I run a weekly beginner & friendly intermediate level drop-in at Hillcrest every Sunday night at 11PM, Cao has come out a few times. Perhaps that is an option? It is a lower skill level though, like me. It's always posted on Hockey Community and always fills up, so let me know. 

Alternatively, if we'd like a slightly higher level, I can probably put something together through HC. I can play either out or in goal (and am equally terrible at both, as - M and Cao can attest to  :P ).

#33 - M

- M

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:25 PM

Practice at 8 Rinks circa 1999... but we'll have to refer to the rink as Blue A instead of Rink 1.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#34 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:59 PM

Any of you guys free in the mornings? There's a free drop-in at 730am-9am on M, W, and F mornings at RIC. Two goalies confirmed for tomorrow! Cao and I will be there.

#35 PaulKariya

PaulKariya
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:17 PM

Who's skate is this? Why's it free?

#36 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:35 PM

Who's skate is this? Why's it free?

It's run by RIC. Long story short, bunch of guys used to play for Minoru for free from that time until the slot was filled by a paying customer. Same group of guys asked RIC nicely and they said yes because nobody uses the ice at that time. Occasionally it's cancelled for things like minor hockey tryouts, tournaments, or stat holidays, but otherwise it's pretty consistently MWF mornings. Average age is a bit older but there are always younger guys out. Most importantly it's free.

#37 PaulKariya

PaulKariya
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'm seeing if a couple buddies want to go. What're the numbers like for this?

#38 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

I'm seeing if a couple buddies want to go. What're the numbers like for this?

Varies. Sometimes there are like 3 guys on the bench per side (8 guys per side, to be clear...haha) and sometimes there are 9 F and 6 D. It really varies and is unpredictable, but during the school year (ie not during holidays) it's about 10-12 guys a side. 

#39 PaulKariya

PaulKariya
  • LocationBC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

Me and a buddy are in. Do we need to call in to reserve a spot?

#40 kazin

kazin
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:59 PM

Cool. Nope, you just show up. Check the monitors at the front for Adult Drop-In. I think it was Gardens last time, but it varies.