Photo

Any D.C. people in here?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

A friend and I are taking a man trip to D.C. the end of Nov beginning  of Dec.  Anyone have any info on some rinks around there with schedules or websites? Trying to find some pick up or stick and pucks while up there and all that jazz, also if you know of any cool shit thats not too touristy let me know. Thanks.  

#2 ctclippers41

ctclippers41

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Just moved to DC myself. Your best bet is to check the Kettler IcePlex website for more info.

What is it you're looking to do while in DC (non-hockey related)?

#3 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 16 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

Well we are going to a Caps vs Nucks game and DFA concert while going up there from NC just figured it would be cool to get in some stick and puck or pick up while in a new area, as far as the other stuff was looking for maybe some sweet breweries or bars to hit up. 

#4 ctclippers41

ctclippers41

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

Oh sweet! I'm 2 blocks away from the Verizon in the Capitol Hill area.

There's a lot of pretty cool (at least for me, a 20-somthing) bars in the Chinatown area: Iron Horse, Penn Social, Fado, and Rocket Bar I have frequented. I also recommend The Dubliner, if that's more of your style. If you're willing to commute (not that bad) get off at the U Street Metro Stop and you can find a bunch of bars up and down the street. Same with 18th, but it's better to Uber there. Make sure you get Wise Guys Pizza after the bar scene, you won't regret it.

DC Brau is one of the more popular brewers in the area, don't know many more local brews.

Hope that helps!

#5 mutiny14

mutiny14
  • LocationGate City NC

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:38 PM

Ok cool ill keep those in mind. is that ice house accessible via metro or would we have to drive, still not sure where we are staying but it will be somewhere within DC, google showed it being pretty close (within 5 miles) of the white house that why I asked, we will have a car but I think we are going to park it for the week and just use metro for trans, but still not sure really I just know last time it was like $25-35 a night to park the car at the hotel we stayed at.