Photo

Breaking in Pro-Stock Pants

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

What's up Guys,

So this goes out to all the (many) owners of pro-stock pants here on Sports2k...

How long would you say it takes to break in your pro-stock pants (if new)? I picked up my very first set of Bauer Supreme pro-stocks, and the amount of padding on them is insane! Not having skated in them yet, I have been wondering if they are so much it will effect mobility, and stride. Great protection without a doubt! but also heavier and bulkier by look then any retail Supreme (even total ones). Also, you guy's wearing same size Pro-stock pant, as you do in retail, or do you down a size?

Thanks in advance! Curious to hear some responses!

#2 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

Size is going to vary by brand more than anything. As far as a break in period goes I think its a matter of a couple skates really. It sounds to me like your more concerned with the extra protection and how that will affect your skating more than the pants being "stiff" and not broken in. Don't over think it just put em on and if they fit you then skate in em and go from there :)

#3 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

Exactly. Personally, if the pants fit me well, I dont really need a break in period.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#4 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

All my pro stock pants have fit well but definitely had a break in period and felt stiff. Once I got through that period though, they felt great. My worst time was about 2-3 weeks, the best being about 2-3 skates.

#5 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

Probably a combination of them being brand new, and also having extra padding. They are physically bigger looking when I put them on! I attribute it to that extra padding. They' aren't really conformed to my body, as my current retail supremes are (Fully broken in), but right now I notice these stick out in the hips and ass more! (I sound like a girl I know) :rofl: :rofl:
I'm sure those areas, and the pads soften up with pure use, just as my retails have become almost floppy (I love em!).

#6 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 28 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Where did you get those supremes pro stock? Im actually looking for a pair myself!!
Thanks!

#7 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:09 AM

Where did you get those supremes pro stock? Im actually looking for a pair myself!!
Thanks!

Had been searching for months, was one of those gems that popped on eBay and had to grab.

#8 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

Ahh you lucky bastard! :P