Least Bulky Gloves

reebok 11k

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ridethepine

ridethepine
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

What does everyone think the least bulky glove is out there for retail?  I just purchased Reebok 11K's on clearance, and while the glove does feel really comfortable on the inside, it's a bit on the bulky side for me.  My last pair were Bauer Supreme one55's and I loved the profile of those as they were pretty sleek.  I only wear a 13" glove and I'm a pretty skinny guy so it doesn't take much I guess for me to find gloves bulky.  I like a narrow fit, which is why the inner glove feature of the 11K appealed to me.  I'm second guessing myself on the purchase is what this all boils down to.  

On the other hand, if there are other 11K owners out there who absolutely love them, I'd like to hear from them too.

Thoughts?

To Avs, or Avs not.  There is no question.

#2 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:30 PM

Wow, I always felt that 11k's were on the smaller, less bulkier, side. Have you tried x60's? I wear 13" mittens too.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#3 Yetso

Yetso
  • LocationLas Vegas, Nevada

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

11ks and Supremes will be the tightest fitting, least bulky, gloves. Everything else gets a bit bigger from there
Phrasing people! Phrasing!!!

#4 nittanypucker

nittanypucker

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:56 PM

My two favorites are 11ks and Apx pros but I actually feel like the 11ks break in softer and are less bulky. Personal preference of course.

#5 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Eagle Talons

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#6 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

The Reebok 30k gloves seem a pretty good amount smaller than the 11ks

#7 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks. I think part of it is simply that I'm going from a lower end glove to high end glove. So, a small amount of protection to a large amount. That's a big change for me to begin with. Like I said, they feel great inside and I'll definitely be giving them a try on the ice - not giving up on them yet. Just thought I'd see what other people had found to be lesser bulky gloves.

#8 fire walker

fire walker

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:24 PM

Warrior DT2's are the tightest fitting gloves I've owned.

#9 special blend

special blend
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

My two favorites are 11ks and Apx pros but I actually feel like the 11ks break in softer and are less bulky. Personal preference of course.

I feel the exact same way you do. Tough to beat a broken in pair of 11k pros. APX pros are damn nice too.

Give your 11k's some time to break in RIDETHEPINE.

Retail gloves sometimes seem to take a bit longer to feel nice.

#10 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

I feel the exact same way you do. Tough to beat a broken in pair of 11k pros. APX pros are damn nice too.

Give your 11k's some time to break in RIDETHEPINE.

Retail gloves sometimes seem to take a bit longer to feel nice.

That's the plan after reading these replies.  I did a quick google for 11K pro stock but nothing came up.  I'd consider swapping my retails for pro stock.  Do you happen to know what some of the difference are between the 11K retail and pro stock versions?  I realize they probably vary.

#11 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:04 AM

The material on the 11k prostock is lighter, its not the water proof plastic-like stuff on the outside of the retail. The palms are also thinner material and usually single layer. That said, the fingers, for a thin handed guy like me, are absolutely huge on pro stock. I had to have the finger gussets almost taken in by 1/2 and restiched by a tailor. Before I did I was basically gripping the stick with the sides of the fingers. Way too much room. If you want a better fitting glove, go try on a pair of the 30Ks. Not the best looking glove I've ever used but certainly best fitting from Reebok.

#12 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:26 PM

apx's are prob one of the best fitting gloves on the market. Coverts are great bout fit very tight in the width. 

#13 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 28 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

The material on the 11k prostock is lighter, its not the water proof plastic-like stuff on the outside of the retail. The palms are also thinner material and usually single layer. That said, the fingers, for a thin handed guy like me, are absolutely huge on pro stock. I had to have the finger gussets almost taken in by 1/2 and restiched by a tailor. Before I did I was basically gripping the stick with the sides of the fingers. Way too much room. If you want a better fitting glove, go try on a pair of the 30Ks. Not the best looking glove I've ever used but certainly best fitting from Reebok.

Duly noted - thanks for that information.

#14 HkY_GuY

HkY_GuY
  • LocationMontreal,Qc

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

have you tried the 9k?? 

#15 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

have you tried the 9k?? 

Negative.  Last pair were the One55's.  The pair before that were the Nike/Bauer XV's and before that were some cheap Easton's.

#16 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Wouldn't staying with the Supreme line from Bauer make the most sense? That line touts the anatomical fit you seem to be after.

#17 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

Wouldn't staying with the Supreme line from Bauer make the most sense? That line touts the anatomical fit you seem to be after.

Well, sure.  It would have made the most sense, but there wasn't a deal for anything from Bauer like there was for Reebok.  So I went for the 11K's.  Like I've said, I'm definitely giving these a try, especially after the overwhelming positive feedback on here for the gloves.

#18 HkY_GuY

HkY_GuY
  • LocationMontreal,Qc

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:52 PM

what i meant you should  of tried on in a store the 9k to compare  as teh 9k have a bit less protection and are all nylon.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reebok 11k