Photo

Poppin’ the pro stock cherry

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:06 AM

What got you hooked? what was that gateway piece that lead you to this addiction.

Post a picture of the first pro stock item you ever got and/or description. 

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#2 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:11 AM

gallery_1117_143_27205.jpg

gallery_1117_143_1720807.jpg

Vapor XXXX
I started playing pond hockey one day and I was using navy bauer 5.0’s way back. I thought that it would be pretty awesome to own a pair of leafs gloves cause that's my team. My friend recommended me to this site where I ended up meeting baker for a local pick up. The funny part is I remember saying “I just want gloves, that’s all” and he said, “yeah sure, this stuff is like crack, you’ll be back” which was way more than true. To this day it’s been a pretty bad domino effect, but I guess it could have been worse, I could have blown it all on drugs.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#3 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:37 AM

SAM_1601_zpsd8745988.jpg

Franzen eagle lowers from the Joe. Tried them on in the store and everything. Had no idea about lowers and uppers. Wore them once without uppers hahaha. Looked like I shit my pants. Discovered the girdle and never looked back. Sold them which was also my first sale on this site. Good times.

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#4 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:24 AM

First pro stock item was purchased from the Stars whenever I was about 14 years old and they sold all the used gloves for $30. Put on a pair in the store and never looked back. First pair bought and worn out Till there was nothing left was Daryl sydors franchise with reebok cuff branding

#5 MapleSyrup

MapleSyrup
  • LocationSt. Albert, AB, Canada

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:06 AM

Not too long ago when the jets were born I got the chance to buy some thrashers/moose gear in winnipeg at the PIAS. I managed to get a pair of Antropov 10k's?, Burmistrov 14-1 X60's, Bogosian long cuff easton 4 rolls, and a manitoba moose player bag. Looking back on it, I really wish I had boughten more gear but I just really was not as informed on everything as I am now. The antropovs went to my friend, kept the burmi's but I have since gave those to another friend, and the Eastons are with my brother. The bag I had used for the last year, but it needs a new bottom vinyl patch (would love some info on how/where I could possibly find one or get one made). At the same time (not sure if it counts?) but I did also buy my first piece of 'almost' pro stock Real Cyr Golden Bears RX10 leg pads, as well as a pair of 'AJHL return' Koho 588 leg pads.

Good idea on this thread, Numan!

Looking for the following..

Any Mathieu Perreault Gear

Size Small Navy 9k Shells

Any Smaller Jets/Moose Gear

13" Navy Base Gloves

#6 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

I got these 7 or 8 years ago.

tackla_nashville.JPG

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#7 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:16 AM

I no longer have any pictures of it, but my first pro stock item was a Jason Williams Si-Core. Bought it at my local Peranis. I remember walking in and they had a huge rack of pro stock Synergy sticks (silver, yellow, orange), so I grabbed myself a Si-Core. $125. It was a great stick.

Shortly after that I discovered HockeyTown Authentics and started getting my sticks through there or eBay before this site.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#8 BostonBruins

BostonBruins
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:21 AM

My first pro stock purchase was a pair of Johnny Boychuk warriors off the bay that came with a pair of home socks that belonged to Tyler Sequin. Unfortunately I no longer own either of those. But ever since then I have been hooked.
Always looking for BOSTON BRUINS gear!

Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd Set. Practice Jersey in Size 56, Size medium shell, 13 inch bauer/apx gloves.

#9 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

my first
piece of pro stock , was a Easton Synergy Stick made for Richard Zednik , and first pair of gloves was Tom Kostopoulos 100th 10k

#10 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:29 AM

Does your own stuff count? If so it would be a pair of eagle x70 gloves from my junior team , used them forever. Then fingers and gussets blew out followed by the palms.
If not it would be the Sharks apx

sCcAEp3.jpg

#11 Wanz32

Wanz32
  • LocationKelowna

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:45 AM

Walked into the Canucks store and saw the sticks. Bought a Daniel Sedin stick that was brand new, and it broke that weekend in a tournament. I went back to the store and bought another and thats when a member who works there said "hey you should go check out sports2k.com, lots of pro stock gear". And the rest is history. 

- Always looking for new style stars gear, particularly Bauer! 

#12 pwb3

pwb3
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 01 December 2014 - 12:22 PM

The Mighty Ducks movie is when I became a gear whore.  Those silver Easton Aluminum's got me absolutely obsessed with sticks.  Was all about retail until college when I went to an AHL game and all the guys were using RBK 7K prolites.  I fell in love with the blue stick with the white taper. Had to have one...from there it just got out of control.

#13 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

Bought these lowers off ebay for $100 and that's where it all began.

IMG_0963.jpg

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#14 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

Does your own stuff count? If so it would be a pair of eagle x70 gloves from my junior team , used them forever. Then fingers and gussets blew out followed by the palms.

Have you contacted eagle? They usually do well at replacing that stuff

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k

#15 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Corey Perry Easton ST Stick.

#16 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

I'm actually having trouble remembering...  I think it was my Bergenheim Luxes.  They were way too big!  LOL!

#17 bstevens39

bstevens39
  • LocationHamilton, ON

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Picked up a pro stock se16 stick locally, loved it and stocked up. First gloves were franchises from pro stock hockey gear and still am buying franchises haha.

#18 leftwinger37

leftwinger37
  • Location"The Great Lakes State"

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

ak27.jpg

Louie Caporusso AK27 OPS from the Michigan sale. I'm guessing it was a Dolo repaint, but this thing was practically indestructible. I used it as my main stick for about 2.5 years before the blade finally broke down. Had really bad luck with OPS before this one, so I probably would gone back to two-piece sticks for good had this one not held up so well.

#19 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

First got obsessed with sticks after my Bantam year of hockey, first pro stock stick was a neidermayer synergy shaft but i never used it. First pro stock stick was a one95 off ebay after i had to start paying for my own gear freshman year of college. Gloves that got me hooked were bauer x60 tsr blues customs, then turris franchises

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#20 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 01 December 2014 - 10:53 PM

trevor daley se16 painted as a s17, then a malkin se16 painted as an RS that was the best stick I ever had.

KEVIN