Photo

Bauer Vapor APX2 Shin Vs. Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG Shinguard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aa84664p

aa84664p

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

Hey, I'm not happy with my current shin setup and am ready to splurg on a nice pair, or at least a more comfortable pair. 

Right now im looking at either the Bauer Vapor APX2 Shins Vs. the Bauer Supreme TotalOne NXG Shin. I've found good prices on both and wanted to see if anyone has used either and can give me some advice. My only real preference is a lught shinguard that fits close to the shin lower on the leg. I currently have Eastons and they sit on top of my lower leg and I cant stand it. 

Anyone ever used either of these?

#2 bstevens39

bstevens39
  • LocationHamilton, ON

Posted 17 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I use apx2 shins, they are light and narrow which is why I like them. Ive tried the nxg on in store and found them to be bulkier but felt more protective. The straps on the apx2 keep them nice and tight, I dont like useing tape so that was another reason I went with them. The nxg fit tighter than most other brands but I believe the apx2 have an extra strap at the bottom so fit tighter to the lower leg like ur looking for.

Apx2 = less bulky, less protective
Nxg = bulkier, more protective

Think apx2 shins r right up your alley based on what ur looking for.

#3 aa84664p

aa84664p

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:40 PM

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated, I think Im going to go with the APX2's!

#4 t6lock

t6lock
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

I went from x:30 to APX2 shins, hated it. Used it for a month and then sold them because of a few issues. They were too bulky for me, they could barely fit in my pro stock L socks. It took me 3-4 games to build up my leg strength to get used to them, as weird as it sounds. The first couple of games my legs got so tired so fast.

They also slid down a lot during the game and I'd have to readjust it for it to be feel comfortable, also happened to someone on another forum (MSH). Tried using sock tape and it did not help at all.

#5 - M

- M

Posted 19 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

I wouldn't say the APX2 is less protective than the NXG.  Both are top end pads but have different fits (anatomical vs tapered).  When I buy shin pads I usually buy mid-end ones because the top of the line models have too much padding and my knee doesn't sit flush.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.