Photo

Reebok 9K Girdle Owners: What size Shell do you use?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

What's Up Guys!

Question for 9K girdle owners, what size shells are you using? Do you go one size up, to allow for a bit of room? Or size the same as girdle? Is it also dependent on brand of shell your using? I have hope to find a reebok 9k shell, but If it's as difficult as finding the girdle, might be out of luck, or have to be VERY patient.

Many Thanks!

#2 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

I wear large and x-large 9k shells on my x-large 9k girdle... I also wear large and x-large pant shells over them

#3 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:37 PM

I wear a Med 9k shell on a Med 9k girdle...

However, the M shell is a little long on me (@5-7). I would wear a Small shell if I could find one in Chicago colors.

#4 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:57 PM

Until I can get my hand on an actual 9K shell (in a size/color of choice), I'm going to get a Medium Tackla girdle cover.

Have a large one right now that I'll be able to compare in size.

#5 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

Ordered a set of Customs from PSHG in Medium.

Just received my girdle, and love it. Had read some commentary on it being TOO paded, but I disagree. If anything I think it might lack in the kidney area, but will do. Everywhere else feels solid, and still maintains that light, mobile feel.

#6 potatoclock39

potatoclock39

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

does anyone know if the retail version of the girdle is the same as the pro stock version?

#7 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

does anyone know if the retail version of the girdle is the same as the pro stock version?

My understanding was that the girdle it-self was never made available for retail. I think you had to buy the whole 9k set-up that included the shell as well. That said, it is my understanding that the retail/pro girdle is the same - I have seen them with different graphic packages though. Somebody correct me if I am wrong on this.

#8 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

Do the Reebok 9K shells come With extra kidney padding? The girdle itself, has essentially no kidney padding.

The warrior 9k shells have padding too right?

And retail Warrior Hitman shells have kidney padding? If I can't find the previous 2.

Thanks!

#9 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:12 AM

I have a large 9k with a med shell as obtained from the CBJ. Sizes work fine.

#10 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Again...

Do 9K owners feel lacking in Kidney protection, when not using in combination with 9K shell?

#11 coznick

coznick
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Both of my boys wear the 9k in large but one is 5'5" and the other is 5'9". I thought I was getting a medium from a pro stock sale but it turned out to be a large. I tried to buy mediums but they seem to be the size of choice and always go past my price range so both boys ended up in larges. They have both medium and large shells but the large is really big for them. The medium fits my older son (who is the smaller) a bit long but it is just right for the other son. The 9k shells that they have all contain kidney cups??? for the lack of a better term. They are hard plastic sewn into the shell. The girdle alone may seem lacking but when the final layer is added it seems more than adequate. I may be able to post some pics of them wearing the gear for reference if you want.

LET'S GO PENS!

#12 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

The reason I want 9k Shells - because of the padding. Still looking for a medium pair, but in the mean time...

I actually fabricated my own solution last night. Took apart a pair of retail One60 pants I'll no longer be wearing and cut the kidney protection out of them. Measured and mocked them up to the kidney opening on the 9k girdle, cut and trim what wasn't needed, and now have solid kidney protection in the girdle itself. Plus the thin padding that is already in it. :headbang:

#13 wild4hitmen

wild4hitmen
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Alright well I havent found anything helpful so I'm gonna ask here. I have a large 9k girdle and have had problems finding a red 9k shell for a decent price....so I was looking on hockeymonkey and found a couple shells that might work. It looks like the warrior hitman and the CCM Vector shell both have some protection(like 9k shells) so I was jsut wondering if anyone had any experience with retails shells on your 9k girdles and what size girdle/shell did you use?

Thanks!

#14 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

yea I use any retail shell with a belt strap and it works fine for me...text me if you have more questions bud :)

#15 cott1

cott1

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

M girdle L she'll works fine for me
...I could probably do a M shell too but I prefer it a little baggy
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#16 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

I need to get a 9k girdle, shoulda never traded it away. :mad2:

#17 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Yes you should have. :D

#18 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

I have a brand new xl
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#19 wild4hitmen

wild4hitmen
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

Alright guys another 9k question....well I found a 9k shell that I've been looking for FOREVER! But only problem is its a XL shell and my girdle is a Large. Would it fit?
Thanks

#20 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Yes you should have. :D

HAHA I'm glad you like it tho.