daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 19 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Kind of figured as much thanks.

#22 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:30 AM

Tacks are now suppose to be CCM's biggest volume skate with the Jetspeed suppose to be like Bauer's Supreme line and Ribcor line being the lowest volume skate. Apparently the RBZ's were just too wide for people. This is what the CCM Rep told me when he brought the Jetspeed;s to our store. I tried a pair he had on and found what he said to be true. My son went from Bauer Nexus skates to the Tacks line last September and the fit is also very similar with his Tacks being a lot stiffer more durable and the attack frame and 4mm holder improving his stride and speed right from the first time he put them on. It's been a year now that he has had them  skating 5 or more times a week and they have not broken down like his Bauer Nexus skates did. They are still in great shape. He does need new steel from all the sharpening but otherwise the skates are still in amazing shape and they weren't even the top of the line Tacks they are a special model based on the 5052's with some upgrades from the 6052's and the Tacks Hyperglide steel made for "Source for Sport's" stores.

#23 hockey2death

hockey2death
  • LocationCarlsbad, California/Melbourne, Australia

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Might try a pair of TACKS on again. Didn't like them when I originally tried them on, so I got NEXUS 8000 instead, but do not like them. Lucky I still have my RBZ. Trying to sell (or trade for TACKS) the NEXUS as I only wore them for 15 minutes, so they are new still.

#24 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:53 AM

Might try a pair of TACKS on again. Didn't like them when I originally tried them on, so I got NEXUS 8000 instead, but do not like them. Lucky I still have my RBZ. Trying to sell (or trade for TACKS) the NEXUS as I only wore them for 15 minutes, so they are new still.

What don't you like about the Nexus 8000? To narrow? I thought with their new material Bauer is using on their Nexus line they should be better than than the last gen.
The Tacks will put you way more forward on your skates with the Attack frame like the old super tacks use to. It's a very aggressive stance and has done nothing but good things for my son.

#25 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

Are they still the same size (length) or has ccm fixed that? With my 8.5D rbz they fit more like a bauer 9. I switched from RBZ to APX2 lastyear and fell inlove with the APX2 but want to go back to the RBZ line since their more narrow than the origional RBZ. And do you guys know when the employee deal (jetspeed skates, speedburner stick) will be available for employees? Havent heard back from our ccm rep when they are doing the deal

Staff program starts June 15 here in Canada

#26 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

Are you talking length or volume? I would think the Jetspeeds would fit similar to the RBZ and be one of the more voluminous skates in the line up. 

Damn... I have wide feet and and a deep instep... I was looking forward to getting these as I really like my RBZ. Not a Bauer fan, so disappointed to hear the comparison to Bauer and APX2

Honkey Monkey review says this?   "Built off a new pre-shaped laminated quarter, the JetSpeed provides superior stiffness and support with a more contoured fit. This contoured fit still does a great job of accommodating bigger/wider foot types, but eliminates some of the excess space that some may have experienced with the RBZ."

Apparently they have contoured the toe cap as well.

The Vapor line for Bauer is their lowest volume, narrowest skate I thought? I was thinking these would be more comparable to a Nexus Fit.

Very different opinion from those of you have tried them on though. Way to confusing will just have to wait and see this week or next week when the demo's arrive!! 

#27 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:23 PM

I have been told I should have a pair of Jetspeeds tomorrow. I will update when I receive them.

#28 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:44 PM

Pair came today. Here are a couple pics. Sizing is not fixed. They are a 6.5D and I put a 6-7.5 CCM Footbed in the skate and I did not even have to trim it. It fits perfectly. They are still way longer than what the sizing on the skate says. Which I just do not understand?? But it is what it is.

gallery_1287_293_2791026.jpg[/URLgallery_1287_293_2720399.jpggallery_1287_293_582790.jpg

gallery_1287_293_2936938.jpg

gallery_1287_293_2172052.jpg

gallery_1287_293_3031756.jpg

gallery_1287_293_3853383.jpg

#29 ridethepine

ridethepine
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Drop dead gorgeous.

To Avs, or Avs not.  There is no question.

#30 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:48 PM

They are looking great!

Did you skate in them?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#31 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 15 May 2015 - 06:47 AM

I'd love to see these with the matte black leather piece for the eyelets, like what's on the 50K.  I'm not sure exactly what that section of the boot is referred to as.

#32 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 15 May 2015 - 07:08 AM

It's funny the similarities of the vapour line
Liddy:-)

#33 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:54 PM

They are looking great!

Did you skate in them?

Sorry for the late reply. I thought I had this marked to follow but apparently not as I have not gotten any notifications.

My son has skated in them twice so far. Last night and tonight. It has taken awhile due to games and tournaments. I had them heat molded on Monday.

He loves the heel lock and He has not complained about foot pain so far. He looked kind of funny his first skate in them as they are lighter than his regular skates. Tonight he said he feels a little off balance in them and feels he can't get his usual power in his backward cross overs but feels he skates better forwards in them? I will be having them balanced and profiled the same as his regular skates shortly so this should help.

Not a lot more to report at this time until he gets some more time in them. He has 2 games this weekend so he will not be skating in them again until next Tues, and Weds. and probably the weekend after this one in a tournament if they are working for him. I will report back after he has skated in them 2x next week.  

#34 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:13 AM

It's funny the similarities of the vapour line

They have a lot more volume/depth than the vapor line but a very anatomical fit and still lots of room in the toe box even though they changed the shape of the toebox. The 1x toe box is pretty roomy. The 1x has nowhere near the volume/depth of the Jetspeed in the rest of the skate though.They seem to have a tiny bit more depth and volume than the TACKS but are a lot more anatomical. My son's foot bulges out of the top of 1x in a couple places, mid foot and upper quarter. If that helps any?

#35 ridethepine

ridethepine

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:59 AM

"They have a lot more volume/depth than the vapor line but a very anatomical fit and still lots of room in the toe box even though they changed the shape of the toebox."

Now that has me interested, big time.

#36 Vannucker88

Vannucker88

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:46 AM

I remember when the RBZ's were released in 2013 they had a thing at a lot of shops where you could take a pair and try them out for a few weeks without having to buy them. I tried them out but personally didn't like them, too wide for my feet I guess. Does anyone know if they will be running a similar demo with these skates. I'd be interested in trying them out if so.

#37 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

I remember when the RBZ's were released in 2013 they had a thing at a lot of shops where you could take a pair and try them out for a few weeks without having to buy them. I tried them out but personally didn't like them, too wide for my feet I guess. Does anyone know if they will be running a similar demo with these skates. I'd be interested in trying them out if so.

I am unaware of this and have heard nothing about it so I have no answer to your question sorry.

#38 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

I forgot to mention that if you guys look at the picture of the back of the skates and notice the tendon guard, The top black part above the grey section where it says CCM, That whole black part is actually made to kind of click, pop or snap backwards when pressure is applied to it. Meant to do the Same thing as the flexible tendon guards are on other top end skates but in a different way.

#39 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:23 PM

I saw this picture when comparing the sizing of the RBZ to the Jetspeed skates. 

2nadNNm.jpg

#40 Hotwheels

Hotwheels
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

I saw this picture when comparing the sizing of the RBZ to the Jetspeed skates.

2nadNNm.jpg

Whoa that's a great pic for comparing them!!!!