Photo

graf g75

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Robg39

Robg39
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:28 AM

I want to try graf skates but everyone says the low cut boots take a long time to get used to. Can anyone comment on this theory? I skate with the top 2 eyelets unlaced on my current skates (pro stock 11ks). Thanks.

#2 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:39 AM

If you already skate with 2-eyelets unlaced, you may like them a lot. It's not just that they're lower cut (although I don't think that's true anymore for the MCI series), but that they were more aggressively pitched and had a longer stock radius on the steel. All three of these can be significant enough to throw people off. But I'm a wholly convinced Graf wearer now. All three of those big changes are perfect for me, and you may just find that to be the case for you as well.

#3 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:52 PM

i have a pair and can say they take awhile to break in. took 2 bakes and insoles for me to get used to them. They don't wear properly, they look beat up after only 2 years of use. i'm already needing new tongues since mine are worn through around the top eyelet. But they are super light just took FOREVER to break in. My 735'S from 10 years+ look almost in better condition and took one practice to break in.

#4 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

low cut boots are not hard to get used to, don't listen to the general public, let yourself decide, i love the cut on my grafs so much that i have to skip lace loops on every other skate i demo just to feel the mobility and comfort

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#5 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:58 AM

I'm the same. I tried MLX, and I had to try and roll the top edge out almost 90-degrees to get the range of motion offered by my 703's. When my radius and blade balance point is in the right spot (which it isn't right now), I hardly have to lace those up even.

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:05 AM

yep, i feel you, my G35s are loose and i skip the top loop on those!

i just got Nexus8000 and....i'll just say the first skate two nights ago was my own feets personal hell

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

I've been skating on the g75's the last 3 years. I find the boot cut is higher than other grafs but thats just me. Before the 75's I've used many other pairs of grafs and used to skip the last eye lit. Love my g75's and still going strong till this day, my boots aren't even beat up considering how many ice times I've put into them. Like other guys said try em on! It didnt even take me 1 game to break them in.

HK #17

Feedback