Photo

How to ship sticks?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drewmcmullen

drewmcmullen

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

Good Morning,

I have a few sticks that have been collecting dust for a while and wanted to try and possibly sell them.  I'm a bit hesitant solely based on shipping them.  I only have one box from a stick I purchased online.  Other than that I don't have any boxes that would fit a stick, and have no idea how much to charge for shipping.  I was hoping that you guys could point me in the right direction of how you guys ship out sticks.  Hopefully I have the right area to post this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Andrew

#2 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:48 AM

How to ship sticks in the US for under $10

or

Shipping Sticks Question

#3 drewmcmullen

drewmcmullen

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:54 AM

Bummer, I'm one of those guys now.  I guess the search option should have been my first stop.  Thanks for the links.

#4 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 23 March 2015 - 11:04 AM

No worries, you're not the first, nor the last.

Here's a picture of the bubble wrapped version (black plastic bag or garbage bags underneath, followed by an overlay of bubble wrap):

6e8fFlF.jpg

#5 jonesy9020

jonesy9020

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:15 PM

My experience may have been out of the ordinary, but I've sold one stick through ebay. I shipped using the bubble wrap method shown above, and the stick broke about a foot down from the top of the shaft. I was able to recoup some of the cost based on the $50 insurance included with Priority Mail, but I lost a lot of money as a result. Just be aware of this risk, consider buying additional insurance, and maybe slap a few extra fragile stickers on the outside of the package.