Photo

Powerfoot performance inserts

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:50 PM

Saw these being reviewed on youtube by the hockeytutorial guy.  I hate the open feeling above my toes in most skates so I figured I'd try these out.  (I'm lazy to make something myself). 

http://adrenalinedes.../powerfoot/    

#2 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:05 PM

Gotta love that guy's entrepreneurial spirit. He made it happen.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#3 hockeybud

hockeybud

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:36 AM

I tried them and I have to say what a difference. I used to curl my toes and the bottom of my foot would hurt after a while. I definitely recommend this product. Plus they have great customer service! 

#4 ridethepine

ridethepine
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:48 AM

I'd be interested in trying these, but I'd like to hear a bit more feedback.  My toes curl, but I imagine a lot of people's toes curl.  I've never heard of that actually being a problem.

To Avs, or Avs not.  There is no question.

#5 hockeybud

hockeybud

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

I'd be interested in trying these, but I'd like to hear a bit more feedback.  My toes curl, but I imagine a lot of people's toes curl.  I've never heard of that actually being a problem.

It is a problem for most hockey players, runners, etc... Some pro athletes develop hip problems because of it (i know a 25 year old ahl player who got operated because of that). I read some of it here as well 

http://www.livestron...-running-shoes/

#6 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:28 PM

I tried them and I have to say what a difference. I used to curl my toes and the bottom of my foot would hurt after a while. I definitely recommend this product. Plus they have great customer service!

How snug did you have yours? Did you use the shim as well? I just got mine other day and though I like the super snug fit with the shim used not sure if it was too snug and would cause issues.

#7 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 09 May 2015 - 07:18 AM

I tried them too, and I found my toe cap too tight.

I took them off as for me I didn't the benefits.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#8 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

I think for me will be best with just the main insert. Felt pretty good and made my MX3s feel more like my mako's toe cap fit.

#9 hockeybud

hockeybud

Posted 10 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

How snug did you have yours? Did you use the shim as well? I just got mine other day and though I like the super snug fit with the shim used not sure if it was too snug and would cause issues.

Mine are pretty snug. I'd say I can move my toes about 1/8 inch. I wear Bauer's and because they have such large toe caps, I wear the insert and the extra shim. I think having the pushing toe stable is the most important thing and again its hard to judge because we all different size toes.

Btw, my name is Jacob and I'm new to this Forum! 

#10 Swift

Swift
  • LocationSuwanee, Georgia

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:26 PM

Bottom of your foot hurts like there's something lacking under your arch?  That's what I've been experiencing lately.  I use yellow superfeet in my skate but debating trying something else

#11 hockeybud

hockeybud

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:41 AM

Bottom of your foot hurts like there's something lacking under your arch?  That's what I've been experiencing lately.  I use yellow superfeet in my skate but debating trying something else

Yeah it used to hurt because when my toes curled it put pressure on my arch. By pushing my toes down, it relaxed my feet. I just watched the Powerfoot review by Hockey Tutorial and he says something about foot injuries. 

#12 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

Full Disclosure I work for Adrenaline, the POWERFOOT guys.

Hey Guys, New to the forum and will be looking to talk hockey as much as help anyone out with POWERFOOT questions,comments etc. Figured I'd jump into the thread as we're growing quickly and more and more players may be interested in learning more about the POWERFOOT.

Let me knmow if you have any questions ...

Living the dream working for Adrenaline, the guys who invented the POWERFOOT. Took me 2 months to try it... then I quit my job and joined the company!

#13 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:43 AM

Hey ridethepine, did you ever get a chance to test them out?

Living the dream working for Adrenaline, the guys who invented the POWERFOOT. Took me 2 months to try it... then I quit my job and joined the company!

#14 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:44 AM

I tried them too, and I found my toe cap too tight.

I took them off as for me I didn't the benefits.

Hey Dupes, do you wear makos by any chance? Or have a red POWERFOOT insert?

#15 bharpling

bharpling

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:25 PM

My son and I have both used The Powerfoot inserts and love them!  My skates are the Nexus 8000 and I use the the insert w/1'8 shim,  after 1 skate can't tell they're  in there and my overall fit of the skate has improved, my crossovers on my weak side have definitely improved.  It just seems that the skate and foot are one.  My son skates in Reebok 14K and uses just the insert and I have seen a noticeable improvement in his skating as well.  I highly recommend trying these, even at first if you don't seem to like them try to dial them in and you won't be disappointed.  I can see these would be a real benefit for kids whose parents may try to put them in skates a little too big sometimes.

#16 MikeBoyarchuk

MikeBoyarchuk
  • LocationMontrea

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:22 AM

My son and I have both used The Powerfoot inserts and love them!  My skates are the Nexus 8000 and I use the the insert w/1'8 shim,  after 1 skate can't tell they're  in there and my overall fit of the skate has improved, my crossovers on my weak side have definitely improved.  It just seems that the skate and foot are one.  My son skates in Reebok 14K and uses just the insert and I have seen a noticeable improvement in his skating as well.  I highly recommend trying these, even at first if you don't seem to like them try to dial them in and you won't be disappointed.  I can see these would be a real benefit for kids whose parents may try to put them in skates a little too big sometimes.

Great to hear you and yoru son are loving them! Thanks for spreading the word!