Photo

TACKI MAC Discussion

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:01 PM

Let's move it here so we don't have to get duped out thinking psh got a new haul

Anyone complain about the weight of the tackimac?

IG: Fooj Media

#2 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:22 PM

No weight issues here.. If anything I almost feel like it helps balance out the stick a little bit more. Kinda like a less gimicky eq50 plug

#3 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Does anyone find when you reuse it on another stick it tends to develop bubbles and does not fit as tightly?

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#4 50Flex

50Flex

Posted 13 July 2015 - 11:27 PM

Depends, if you use hairspray it will stick better the second and third time you put it on a stick

#5 t6lock

t6lock
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:19 AM

Let's move it here so we don't have to get duped out thinking psh got a new haul

Anyone complain about the weight of the tackimac?

Yep, I had the 7" or 8" ribbed, huge weight difference. Throws balance off too.

#6 Biscuit

Biscuit
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

I gave these a try and I couldn't get used to the feel of them. The weight of the grip didn't bother me but the thickness did. I didn't try the Kane ones which I guess is thinner. I just enjoy taping up my stick and now that Pat is around I'm not too worried about my palms haha.

Has anyone heard of the other grips called "butt ends"? They have them at my LHS and I guess a former player started these up? Not exactly 100% sure about that but they are the same idea. They just don't try to look like they are a tape knob and look more like tennis grip or golf grip. The kids love these things and they sold fast. I could get a pic of these if anyone wanted to see what they looked like. The one thing about them is that they do have a nice soft feel to them but are definitely not for me.
always looking for Sabres gear

#7 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:52 AM

Buttendz are quite a bit thicker than tackimacs. The sand tackimacs are quite thin and for 5 bucks, I'd rather buy that and never need a repalm then keep having my gloves resewn.

#8 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 14 July 2015 - 08:15 AM

Has anyone tried to remove one when you broke a stick?

#9 leftwinger37

leftwinger37
  • Location"The Great Lakes State"

Posted 14 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

No weight issues here.. If anything I almost feel like it helps balance out the stick a little bit more. Kinda like a less gimicky eq50 plug

Agreed.

Buttendz are quite a bit thicker than tackimacs. The sand tackimacs are quite thin and for 5 bucks, I'd rather buy that and never need a repalm then keep having my gloves resewn.

Amen. Anyone who buys used gloves on this forum should thank the members who use them! :P

I use the wrapped texture model (usually with the knob removed) and I just roll it off when it's time to remove it. It became a lot easier to remove after I stopped using the adhesive that comes with it.

#10 OldCY

OldCY
  • LocationNY

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

I actually think the Buttendz are thinner. I am using the twirl and prefer it to the TackiMac. To each his own...

#11 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

As mentioned in the other thread, I use Tacki Macs but recently I've started using tennis grips on my sticks. I do like how Tackis feel but I think the tennis grips are thinner and softer. Plus, you can customize it however you want as far as length, wrap style and thickness, and if you want to add a knob under or any ridges.

#12 qmc93

qmc93

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Said this in the other topic, but I started using the Kane grips and I've never gone back.

Light as hell which solves the other Tacki's thickness issue and ridiculously easy to install and uninstall when using the hairspray method. Can usually roll it off with a little elbow grease to transfer onto another stick if need be.

#13 Gswift

Gswift

Posted 14 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

I've transferred my Tacki macs between sticks & have never had a problem, I use golf grip tape & the activator (mineral spirits), and it's super easy. I slid the grip about half a foot too far the first time using the golf stuff.

#14 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:29 PM

I use the thinnest one and it works fine for me. I'll never tape the butt ends again. I've noticed that the palm life in my gloves have lasted way longer as well and it keeps my gloves cleaner like you guys have mentioned.

How are you guys removing them off sticks? With heat?

Usually I just buy another if my twig goes.

Either way, tacki mac > tape, any day

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#15 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

I use the ButtEndz Twirl. Very thin, and I like it. I put a review up on "the other site."

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#16 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

The Sand grip is thinner than the Buttendz.  The wrapped grips are a little bit thicker.

#17 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

Does anyone feel that the wrapped feels thicker then the sand however the wrapped has a smaller butt end?

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#18 50Flex

50Flex

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

just grab some WD-40 and use the straw to spray in between the grip and the double sided tape, wait a few mins and pull

#19 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 14 July 2015 - 04:59 PM

As mentioned in the other thread, I use Tacki Macs but recently I've started using tennis grips on my sticks. I do like how Tackis feel but I think the tennis grips are thinner and softer. Plus, you can customize it however you want as far as length, wrap style and thickness, and if you want to add a knob under or any ridges.

Been lookin into tennis grips, like how you can do any length, buy them in rolls and I do find they're thinner. Tacki's work for others but they're not really for me, like to feel the stick more. Could only imagine pple using mustang or kangaroo palms w/ thick tacki grips.

HK #17

Feedback

#20 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 15 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

Tried them but couldn't stand them. Now I use grip tape off tron. Marked at $2.99 but they often do sales where you can get it for $.75 a roll