Photo

Worth the risk with pro stock skates

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalSick

OriginalSick

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

I'm scared to pull the trigger because it seems like all boots are completely custom molded to that particular players foot and I tried once a couple years ago and the sizing was D/A but they fit completely different when compared to a retail D in the same size and model. But I have a kid in daycare now and want to save $300 by getting a pro stock top of the line. Please help me with sizing to make sure I don't make the same mistake as we know most pro stock items are none returnable. Thanks I'm a 9.5 D in retail. 

#2 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

My personal experience:

If the size and width were the same that I normally use, I never had any issues wearing pro stock skates.

However, retail skates are more comfortable for me.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#3 Sakic_19

Sakic_19
  • LocationGTA

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

The skate model would help.

FYI example : Bauer-  retail Vapor D width equal to pro stock D, retail Supreme D is E width pro stock.

If they are Bauer skates, ask for the build # under the insole, you can contact Bauer direct for a build sheet, it will  give you all the specs on the skate.

Pro stock skates are made so much better than retail China/Thailand crap.

I would say saving $300 for a better skate is worth rolling the dice. Just be informed on what you're buying.  Good luck!

#4 dirtysouthgentleman

dirtysouthgentleman

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:45 AM

it also helps if you're going to team sales and can try the skates on to see how they fit

i only wear prostock skates, but ive got to try them on first before i buy - this can be difficult but decreases the risk

#5 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:39 PM

Never really had a problem w/ pro stock skates, like any other skates even retail, its about if it fits you right. I guess you can't try on many pro stock skates out there but they dont fit much different in sizing as retail. I usually wear a size 10D in most brands but I can fit a 9.5D in Bauers (PS and retail). Currently on 9.5D Nexus, if ur lookin at bauer then maybe consider a 1/2 size smaller than other companies.

HK #17

Feedback

#6 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Id normally say that's exactly opposite.... I my self as well as just about everyone I've ever met go down half size to even 3/4 size in CCM reebok skates compared to bauers.

#7 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

I'm 10D in CCM/Easton and 9.5 EE in Bauer.

#8 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

Id normally say that's exactly opposite.... I my self as well as just about everyone I've ever met go down half size to even 3/4 size in CCM reebok skates compared to bauers.

I can't give you an explanation on how my feet fit in size in other companies lol like FCB51, I'm a 10D in CCM/Easton/Graf and a 9.5 D/A or E/A (dependin on model) in Bauers.

HK #17

Feedback

#9 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:35 PM

My personal experience:

If the size and width were the same that I normally use, I never had any issues wearing pro stock skates.

However, retail skates are more comfortable for me.

I too as well wear retail apx2's and I'll probably end up getting a pair of retail 1x's. I do it mainly because they fit me really well. I would wear pro stock if they had my specs and they were new. I'd rather not wear someone's used skates

I'm aware Pro stock skates are made better but I'm more worried about sanitary reasons

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#10 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:04 AM

I too as well wear retail apx2's and I'll probably end up getting a pair of retail 1x's. I do it mainly because they fit me really well. I would wear pro stock if they had my specs and they were new. I'd rather not wear someone's used skates

I'm aware Pro stock skates are made better but I'm more worried about sanitary reasons

It's kinda like being with a woman that's been with another man before, everyone prefers to have a woman that is untouched, but if you have to, you can wear a protective device, and you'll be just fine. You can buy the used skates, just make sure you wear socks, and you shouldn't pick up anything.

#11 Bosik

Bosik

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:44 AM

My prostock Bauer 7.0, 9D/A stakes fit the same comparing to Bauer vapor 6.0 in 9D.

Everything is ok. But i am kinda suspicious about toe cap stitching as shown in the pics. I find it not accurate  :dunno:

Also weight of one skate is 900 grams. Quite heavy.

1b2ade23fc34.jpg

it looked odd, but i still grabbed a pair...