Photo

Warrior Widow Owners

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:39 PM

How do you like them?

How do they play compared to their competition : (RS/APX/TO)

Compelled to try one...Maybe

#2 btell

btell

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Been playing with a Widow for the last month and a half. Have no idea how they compare to anything other than the Dolomite DD that I was previously using. My only complaint with the Dolomite DD was the tip of the blade would get tore up relatively quickly. The new weave pattern on the Widow seems to be holding up much better. I have no complaints with the Widow so far. Took a little getting use to the flex of the stick as it does have a tapered design but the puck comes off the stick very lively. I also believe Warrior blades provide the best puck feel with Bauer coming in second.

#3 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:51 PM

Been playing with a Widow for the last month and a half. Have no idea how they compare to anything other than the Dolomite DD that I was previously using. My only complaint with the Dolomite DD was the tip of the blade would get tore up relatively quickly. The new weave pattern on the Widow seems to be holding up much better. I have no complaints with the Widow so far. Took a little getting use to the flex of the stick as it does have a tapered design but the puck comes off the stick very lively. I also believe Warrior blades provide the best puck feel with Bauer coming in second.

Which Bauer's you comparing?

Saying this having not tried any Warrior twig yet, but I think Bauer's APX has best feel out.

#4 btell

btell

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

Last Bauer I used was the One90 but I've also played with a number of Vapor sticks.

#5 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:37 PM

I went from an 85 flex RS to an 85 flex Widow and I can honestly say I've never released the puck so well since using the Widow. I can rip wristers and snappers harder then I've ever been able to with any other stick.

#6 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

I went from an 85 flex RS to an 85 flex Widow and I can honestly say I've never released the puck so well since using the Widow. I can rip wristers and snappers harder then I've ever been able to with any other stick.

How do you find the puck feel?

and how's it holding up? Reading alot that people find warrior breaking on them.

#7 btell

btell

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:06 PM

Lefticious I have used approximately 6-8 Dolomites and now 2 Widows over the last 2-3 years. I have yet to snap a Warrior shaft play twice a week plus 2-3 tournaments per year. I find the flex or blade stiffness will go before you break anything.

#8 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 29 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

That's good news

I think I might try one

#9 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

Mine are holding up just fine. Use them 2-3 times a week and I have had them for about a month and a bit. The two im using are pro stock Paajarvi's I grabbed from PSHG.

In regards to feel, they are a little bit different. The blades are sprayed with a grip-tac coating. No complaints though!

#10 kovalchuk007

kovalchuk007

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

Simply an AMAZING stick!!

Nothing to do with the DD Dolomite stick.

When it first came out I was hesitating buying it since ALL my DD sticks broke at same place-on the blade. Then my first Widow broke after a month (probably a bad batch) but since then they last for a while...And I play about 4 times a week.

I'm using 2 custom White Wdow 75 & 85 Flex and Kovalchuk's Blk Widows.
Really the best stick I ever used!

#11 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

Nice collection of twigs!

Def Kovy style, even red grip tape! :D