3:Duncan Kieth
4: PK Subban
5: Mike Giordano
6: Kevin Shatinkirk
7: Tyson Barrie
8: Shae Weber
9: Victor Hedman
10: Ryan Mcdonagh

No chirp please, it's all a personal perspective, we all have different opinions. just whant to here you guys personal pic.

Thanks

looking for : Hockey canada/team canada stuff! ANYTHING INTERST me!!

#2 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

I'm from Pittsburgh, so I am sure I'll take some shots for this, but I think Kris Letang needs to be on that list. If you throw out the injuries his play is up there with the best in the league.

I, personally, think that if Doan hadn't planted him into the boards head-first last season he would have won the Norris Trophy or finished a very very close second.

#3 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

I think Subban is a bit high. I admittedly only really watched him during his meltdown a couple of years ago against NYR in the playoffs, and was not impressed (gladly, as I did not really want to walk away from that series thinking anything other than, "NYR is in the SCF.")

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#4 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:45 PM

I don't follow the avalanche but is Tyson Barrie actually that good? Have not heard too much about him

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#5 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:35 PM

tyson barrie isn't even the best defenseman on his team

he draws the easy assignments and puts up the points so he looks like the sexier option but he's not. johnson is the #1 guy for a reason.

same goes for shatty, if you were the blues and could only keep one, would you keep shatty over pietro?

in nashville, there is a big debate over who is better, weber or josi.

#6 Moose

Moose

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

I think it's a 4 man race with the top 4 you listed. But Ryan McDonaugh is really really good.

#7 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 13 October 2015 - 05:42 PM

I think it's a 4 man race with the top 4 you listed. But Ryan McDonaugh is really really good.

Have you watched McTurnover play in the last 12 months?

#8 Moose

Moose

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

Apparently not. He's good cause my habs traded him away and I miss him dearly. Let me alone :)

#9 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 07:54 AM

I'd move Hedman and Weber into the top 6, bumping out Subban and Shattenkirk.

I'd also take out Barrie and add in Suter.

Pietrangelo and Ekman-Larsson could be on that list, too.

#10 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:37 AM

totally forgot about OEL he should def be on the list

#11 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:47 AM

I think you mean Mark Giordano.

Tyson Barrie, maybe in the top 30-40, not top 10.

#12 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:23 PM

You also have to take into account the type of defenseman these guys are. Offensively, there is no one better than Karlsson in the world. But his actual defense suffers because he's often up in the play and is sometimes so focused on making something happen he forgets his role. 

Then there are the guys like Weber, who are solid all around. Point producers and also play a solid game of D.

Kind of hard to just rate a guy the best and go down from there.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#13 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

where do you guys put vlassic these days

IG: Fooj Media

#14 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:23 AM

You also have to take into account the type of defenseman these guys are. Offensively, there is no one better than Karlsson in the world. But his actual defense suffers because he's often up in the play and is sometimes so focused on making something happen he forgets his role. 

Then there are the guys like Weber, who are solid all around. Point producers and also play a solid game of D.

Kind of hard to just rate a guy the best and go down from there.

Exactly, even when he's back on D, Karlsson isn't the best defensively. I'd take OEL for points plus all-around. Hedman as well. Karlsson is today's Paul Coffey.

#15 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:50 AM

Mike Giordano doesn't belong in the top 10... not even close.  Offensively he's not bad (but only 3 good seasons) but all around he's not in the same league as the other guys.

I agree that OEL needs to be on that list.

Vlassic is good all around but needs some visibility :)

#16 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

Mike Giordano doesn't belong in the top 10... not even close.  Offensively he's not bad (but only 3 good seasons) but all around he's not in the same league as the other guys.

As a Nucks fan that see's him quite often, I would disagree on your part! Gio is a dominate Dman out there, may not have the flash and dash like Keith, Doughty or Karlsson etc but his ability to control a game is amongst the Elites! 

HK #17

Feedback

#17 Adam

Adam

Posted 19 October 2015 - 12:16 AM

Blows my mind that a guy like shattenkirk is on that list but Josi isn't. Dude had 60+ points led the team in ice time and was a plus player. I'm not saying he's top 10 in the league, but he's a better dman in every aspect than a couple players on that list, and his stock is just going to rise

#18 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:57 PM

agree with most. barrie and shattenkirk out, petriangelo and oel in. Also would move weber and hedman up and get suter in there

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#19 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:30 PM

I agree with Shattenkirk out, but also dont think Petro should be up there either. There are plenty of other guys around the league that are much more solid on the back end and produce offensively at the same time

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#20 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

how come nobody mentioned phaneuf yet?!?

;)

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)