Photo

Using repaired sticks

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 03 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

Here are two videos of me shooting with repaired sticks. The X:60 LE was with the SRS system and the Kane X:60 (Total One with X:60 graphics) was using Stick Fix (Thanks Stick Fix Texas South)

I apologise for what looks like weak shots, I had just finished shooting around 300 pucks and was reaching the end of my day.

But I'm actually around 20 feet away from the net.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#2 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

ok

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#3 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:10 AM

So you had a LH Kane stick switched to a righty?

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#4 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:43 AM

how much does it cost

#5 Rconfer11

Rconfer11
  • LocationDenver Nc

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

looks good

300 pucks?! what level of hockey do you play man?

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:43 PM

how much does it cost

when i did my sticks through the SRS guys it was 30 bucks a stick

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 FearlessMadog

FearlessMadog
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 May 2012 - 07:52 PM

There is another company called integral hockey that has locations all throughout Canada and they charge $65 plus tax and shipping for either a shaft or blade repair.

#8 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:18 PM

I use Stick Fix Texas South.

I've recently actually shot somewhere around 600-700 pucks in one session, was tiring towards the ends, but I've been losing weight as a result and great for side abs.

I also hit the gym of course.

#9 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

So you had a LH Kane stick switched to a righty?

Ya, my repair guy basically used the lower part of another stick to my preference.

Turned out great, you couldn't tell it had been two different pieces when you shoot.

#10 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:24 PM

Purchased a 75 flex 11k prostock through stick fix texas and its held up like a dream. Just tonight battling in the corner, had a guy tommohawk chop right where it was fixed. Looked down expecting to see stick snapped in 2, but nothing at all. Very happy.

#11 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:16 AM

For those curious how repaired sticks look like up close:

A repaired blade:

Posted Image

A repaired shaft:

Posted Image

Graphite is used in the repairs, I don't notice any additional weight, and feels as solid as a one piece construction.

I have taken some hard slappers with these sticks, and I actually trust these better than new sticks.

#12 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

I use Stick Fix Texas South.

I've recently actually shot somewhere around 600-700 pucks in one session, was tiring towards the ends, but I've been losing weight as a result and great for side abs.

I also hit the gym of course.

600 to 700?!?

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#13 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:23 PM

I have around 120 pucks I collect in a bucket when I shoot. When I finish shooting them all I pick them all back into the bucket and dump them back for shooting. I did that 5 times plus the initial 120 to start with. That's 720 shots. Takes around 2 hrs or so.

I know it sounds crazy, but isn't that hard to do when all you have is free time.

For my shooting pad I buy marker board (found at Lowes for $11), have them cut it into thirds since its a long piece. I spray silicone and wipe it down, becomes smooth as ice. Each board last around 1200-2200 shots. Depending if you're doing wristers or slappers.

When I'm done I wash the pucks and have them sit overnight in a mixture of water and soap. Since I'm shooting on a long drive way dirt can get on them so it works out great.

#14 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Must be a big ol' bucket lol you must have some pretty gnarly calluses from shooting so much

#3k gsdhead.gif

#15 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

there are days when I can't even close my fist lol

#16 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Can anyone recommend a place for me to get a stick repaired?  I have a Warrior Covert DT1 that the blade broke on.  It's a big crack going up the face of the blade.  Hasn't snapped off on the back side yet, so it's still attached.   This is my favorite stick, and I'd love to get it repaired!!

I live in Massachusetts, and there's nothing locally that I can find...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

#17 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

There is another company called integral hockey that has locations all throughout Canada and they charge $65 plus tax and shipping for either a shaft or blade repair.

+1 for integral hockey. I work for them and i would advise you using our repair as we are hollow inside and we inly add 8 grams to the weight of the stick and flexing like it was new again. SRS system is somekind of plug with a hole lot of resine and add 50 grams. I used bought system and thats why im working and pushing integral hockey repair. Im in gatineau/ottawa area in canada but look it up on the internet for your nearest repair shop. We have a 30 day warranty in our repair.

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#18 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Thanks!  I just spoke with one of their guys on the phone today.  Really nice and helpful.  I'm going to be shipping my stick down.  Will post my results when I get it back and test it!

#19 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Are you shipping your stick to Canada Nova? I know there's a few places around here in Michigan that charge around $40, last I checked. Also, Thom on this site (or stickfixtexas on eBay) does it too. Not sure of his rate though.

#20 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

I actually spoke directly with Thom.  Super nice guy.  I'm shipping the stick to him in Texas.  He even gave me pointers on how to ship it to him at the lowest cost possible.  Can't wait to see if he can resurrect my favorite stick!