Photo

Easton EQ5 Skates...any users or feedback

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:06 AM

We sell these skates all day long at work, quality is awesome on these but I have never used them...

I have a chance to get a retail and or a pro stock pair and am just curious how some people feel about them, what do they compare to, since these will be my first pair of Easton skates

just looking for some feedback seeing I couldnt find anything on here

#2 District

District

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

I've used them and I think they're one of the best skates for the money. An absolute great value in every sense of the word.

Personally, I prefer a higher cut boot with good volume overall - similar to a Supreme. That said, the EQ5 is a wide fitting skate with generous volume, but it's not cut quite as high as a Supreme (EQ5 Boot is 6' to a Supreme 6.25 @ 8D) but the volume and width makes it feel roomy. I have a wide forefoot, medium/large arch and instep area, normal to narrow heel, and the D width fit me just fine.

Quality wise I haven't had a problem and I play Defense in two leagues. One is a house league that requires players to have played a minimum of varsity hockey so the level of play is pretty advanced. I take pucks and skate blades to my skates all game long, and the EQ5 quarters have been bulletproof. Some knicks and scrapes, but all the stitching and quarter panels have held up fine.

Some people don't like the RazorBladz holder and steel, but I've never had a problem there either. They say that it flexes more than LS2 holders, but honestly they've performed very well when I needed them to.