Photo

Bauer 4500 Helmet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OriginalSick

OriginalSick

Posted 06 December 2015 - 10:40 AM

Hey guys I'm in my mid 30s and have been wearing this bucket for a while and it's time to get a new one. I tired every single one on in the store and this one fits my head the best no movement what so ever and no pressure points. Now I'm skeptical because I read that Virginia Tech helmet study where the 4500 got a 0 rating for safety and they said 0 rating helmets should be avoided but the higher rated helmets didn't fit my head well and where uncomfortable or had movment. Just need some reassurance here but I did have a few decent concussions in high school and college and with having a family now and seeing a few concussions in men's league maybe I should get a higher safety rated bucket.

#2 LankNasty

LankNasty
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:30 PM

Hey guys I'm in my mid 30s and have been wearing this bucket for a while and it's time to get a new one. I tired every single one on in the store and this one fits my head the best no movement what so ever and no pressure points. Now I'm skeptical because I read that Virginia Tech helmet study where the 4500 got a 0 rating for safety and they said 0 rating helmets should be avoided but the higher rated helmets didn't fit my head well and where uncomfortable or had movment. Just need some reassurance here but I did have a few decent concussions in high school and college and with having a family now and seeing a few concussions in men's league maybe I should get a higher safety rated bucket.

The one thing that study didn't mention was fit of the helmet. A concussion is when your brain makes contact with your skull, a helmet will not stop that. The helmet that will best protect against the chances of it happening is the helmet that fits your head the best. If the 4500 fits it the best than that's the helmet for you

"Thank God theres still a sport for middle sized white boys"

-Derek Sutton (Youngblood) 

#3k