Photo

How can I tell if actually pro stock?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zuz624

zuz624

Posted 26 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

Hey guys, 

I dont know too much about pro stock. But I had a few questions. I was looking on PSHG website and I was wondering how can I actually confirm the gear is NHL team issued?

For example, these gloves: http://www.prostockh...ton-capitals-2/

Say team stock, however they are the exact same colors as the retail warriors. 

Also, like on these: http://www.prostockh...real-canadiens/

Couldnt they just emborider pacioretty's name on the cuff?

Is there any clear way to to prove they are pro stock?

#2 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 December 2015 - 12:45 AM

Check up on the prostockhockey thread. This is a big can of worms

IG: Fooj Media

#3 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:53 AM

First you have to understand 3 terms: pro stock, pro return and SMU.

Pro stock are gloves/pants that arent made for any player that may or may not ever find its way to the professional it was intended for

Pro return is gear that comes directly from nhl teams

SMU is gear that is specially made for 1 company for distribution. It happens in retails, source for sports for example.

Now that you are familiar with these terms, you are free to have you own opinions on what is legit or not. Are those pacioretty gloves smu pro stock that pro stock hockey requested in order to re sell it? Did that sample actually go to the canadiens and pacioretty refused to wear it?

The pro nhl/khl etc gloves and pants used to be made in a montreal factory. Production has moved over seas so thats why the "pro stock" looks the same as retail.

All is possible however speculation is that there are a lot of SMUs floating around...

You should read up in the thread kingfooj mentioned to get a background on whats happened the last couple months

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657