Photo

Chicago vs Phoenix

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#101 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Hawks need a tough, physical defenseman and a second line centerman. I don't think Stan Bowman, the GM did enough to get the right players in place

i agree but john scott wasnt the answer

The Hawks showed they truly miss guys like the Buff, Versteeg and Campbell. Goaltending is a big issue as well.

I've been saying this for years since they traded those players away, campbell not so much but buff and ladd and versteeg yes

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#102 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Except for a couple blunders, I think Johnny Oduya has been a good addition for the Hawks, he plays over 20 minutes a game and is a great skater.

#103 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Big Issue?

Every game except for the last one were decided by 1 goal. Niemi who was adored by Hawks fans didn't do too well, neither did Howard, Fleury, and Luongo, who were all given a much higher praise and have much more Playoff experience.

It's almost ridiculous how the whole goal tending topic in Chicago is ran.

Smith was the better goale in the end, had any other team faced Chicago last night, game would have been laugher. It's almost ridiculous how many of those shots didn't go in.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#104 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

The Hawks showed they truly miss guys like the Buff, Versteeg and Campbell. Goaltending is a big issue as well.

More than any of those guys, I'd kill to have Ladd and Brouwer back...then Versteeg. Not sure if I care about missing Buff.

#105 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

Except for a couple blunders, I think Johnny Oduya has been a good addition for the Hawks, he plays over 20 minutes a game and is a great skater.

Oduya was a really good addition, besides hearing seabrook in his game tying goals, the most i heard of the hawks defense was Oduya this, oduya with the puck, oduya shot.

The guy was everywhere, he was steady, hardly making mistakes, easily i think he was one of the better guys.

Hawks fans who say Niemi should have stayed easily forget that he was almost always shaky, and rarely dominated. Crawford isn't the answer, but they should have utilized ray emery, the guy is a darn good goalie, he gets no respect, he could easily become the starter.

Jimmy howard is absolutely overrated, one of the most overrated, i dont get how amazing he is, he's not, he took over for chris osgood, who was super shaky his entire career.

#106 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

oh god Osbad, I have a friend who loves him and thinks hes so good.. i wish it was a joke but I think he is serious

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#107 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

the only good thing about osgood was his awesome Vaughn vision gear back in the late 90s. and his one year in the island that was rad, but i mainly watched the isles that season cause Mike Peca was my favorite.

#108 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

Funny how quickly some of you forget how good he actually was.

Future "Hall of Fame" inductee

3 Cup rings, ya one as Mike Vernon's back up, but played many games that season too.

Ranks 10th in all time NHL wins with 401

Has a 74-49 playoff record with a 2.09 GAA and ranks 4th in league history with 15 playoff shutouts.

Ya he really sucks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#109 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Funny how quickly some of you forget how good he actually was.

Future "Hall of Fame" inductee

3 Cup rings, ya one as Mike Vernon's back up, but played many games that season too.

Ranks 10th in all time NHL wins with 401

Has a 74-49 playoff record with a 2.09 GAA and ranks 4th in league history with 15 playoff shutouts.

Ya he really sucks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ya, he does suck. All those stats show is that he's had a pretty dominant team infront of him for a long time.

#110 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Ya, he does suck. All those stats show is that he's had a pretty dominant team infront of him for a long time.

So I guess the likes of Vladislav Tretiak, Ken Dryden, Grant Fuhr etc etc etc all sucked too eh ? :rolleyes: They all played for pretty dominant teams too.

#111 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

So I guess the likes of Vladislav Tretiak, Ken Dryden, Grant Fuhr etc etc etc all sucked too eh ? :rolleyes: They all played for pretty dominant teams too.

Yes, but they faced more than 15 shots a game.

#112 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:23 AM

Lol Tretiak, the last line of the Russian Juggernaut?

Dryden? I'm a Habs fan first then phoenix since i rooted for Montreal before the Coyotes arrived, i'll say this, Everyone on that era on his team are in the hall of fame.

Grant Fuhr? are we talking about "Save by Fuhr! and the oilers keep the 7-6 lead over so and so"

Osgood was good, Super flaky super shaky but he isn't hall of fame material when in Detroit he did so well thanks to their defense and offense. But his stats in St Louis and the Isles looked so shaky.

I'm not saying he sucked, i'm saying he's wildly overrated.

#113 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

I don't think Osgood is overrated at all. In that I've never heard anyone make the argument that he's a Hall of Fame calibre goalie. He has Hall credentials, no question, but there's a certain intangible that seems to go into the decision. I don't think he meets the criteria. If Cups is the criteria, then Aaron Ward has three and he's a first balloter.

As for who the Hawks miss the most, speaking as a Canucks fan, it's Buff. He won them the series in 2010. It wasn't just him of course, but if they gave out a Conn Smythe for the first round he'd have won that trophy hands down in 2010.