Photo

Removing upper thigh plastic from franchise pants?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hockeymutt

hockeymutt

Posted 28 August 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hey everyone just picked up a pair of small pro stock franchise pants. And just by trying them on can tell that the upper thigh plastic is way to much for beer league( can even sit down them them in). Wondering if anyone has removed these upper thigh plastics and kept the padded portion in the pants? Thanks for any input. Also should note I'm coming from almost 20 years off using a girdle, so I know the transition will be strange at first

#2 jdebroux

jdebroux
  • LocationSo Cal, 818

Posted 03 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

I own a pair of pro-stock franchises. Your assessment about the thigh pads on the uppers is dead on. However, I will say, they are very stiff when they are brand new and you will need to skate in them for a little while before they loosen up. 

With that being said, I also own a pair of pro stock coverts and can tell you this, that even though Beer/Rec leagues don't really require to much crazy protection, I will say with all certainty that I like the beefier  thigh padding. Ive taken a few rough spills and having that added protection really helps make the body more resilient.