Photo

CCM Resistance 100 Pro Stock Helmets

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

Just curious if there was any fit difference with the Resistance 100 vs the regular Resistance. I've been seeing a lot of pro stock Resistance 100s from the AHL and wasn't aware that was a thing, I figured pros just used the Resistance or V08 and Fitlites. I'm assuming it's just a foam difference?

#2 zenmasterchen

zenmasterchen
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 20 December 2016 - 10:38 PM

I've been wondering this as well... I rock a retail RES 100 but have contemplated upgrading to a top-of-the-line Resistance for comfort purposes. It seemed odd to me that pros would prefer what is marketed as a "base" model to a consumer.

#3 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

Plenty of guys are still in V08/4500 and E400 which are price point models that have been around for years. Just curious if the Res 100 is the new V08.

#4 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 December 2016 - 12:20 AM

The retail and pro Stock res100 fit differently IMO

#5 r1x3

r1x3

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:51 AM

For the OP: the shells are the same. Any perceived fit difference comes from the density of the foam used. Generally, but not as a rule, softer foams feel more generous to the user.

#6 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:16 AM

It seemed odd to me that pros would prefer what is marketed as a "base" model to a consumer.

Marketing and "technology 101" to the uneducated consumer

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#7 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

I've been wondering this as well... I rock a retail RES 100 but have contemplated upgrading to a top-of-the-line Resistance for comfort purposes. It seemed odd to me that pros would prefer what is marketed as a "base" model to a consumer.

Isn't this how it works with the Bauer RE-AKT helmets? Lots of pros were in the 75 or whatever the 2nd line was and not the 100? But all the consumer sees is "Bauer" on the helmet so they assume the pros would be using the top of the line.

Same thing with skates and how many pros use Nexus 7000s with a 1X skin or something?

Custom everything.

#8 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:18 AM

Isn't this how it works with the Bauer RE-AKT helmets? Lots of pros were in the 75 or whatever the 2nd line was and not the 100? But all the consumer sees is "Bauer" on the helmet so they assume the pros would be using the top of the line.

Same thing with skates and how many pros use Nexus 7000s with a 1X skin or something?

The reason for both of these is that a lot of pros want what theyre used to.  Whether thats tech mesh or VN foam, they dont care what bauer is trying to tell them is the newer, better technology.  They just want what they know or believe is better for them.  

In a way it kind of calls out bauers gimmicks on the retail level.  The pro reakts dont have the suspend tech, just an ims 9.0 with the zip in the back.  

IG: Fooj Media

#9 zenmasterchen

zenmasterchen
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

I stand corrected :) Good to know!

#10 60PlusWinger

60PlusWinger

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:41 PM

The Medium size chart has the bucket going to 7 3/8ths. It fits a bit snug but I'm hoping that the foam will break in once I start skating with it.