• LocationMontreal

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

Which div?

#43 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Which tournament?
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#44 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Short notice, and likely too far for a lot of the Montréal people, but I'm heading to the 4 Glaces shinny at 6:45pm tomorrow night. $8. I've only gone twice, but both times have been a good turn out......

#45 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

probably a, or maybe b. not sure what we are in yet.

dupes - the canlan classic tournament on august 24th. i think its called the molson summer getaway tournament or something.

#46 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:04 AM

Yeah, it's the Molson Summer something or other.
@Grammer, gotta specify which 4 glaces, cause there's two :D

#47 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Right. I know that too. It's Pierrefornds.

#48 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

I go play at bonaventure every weekk. Ice is good and the ppl there are usually cool. Went to the 4 Glace at pierrefonds sunday at 10 PM last week... terrible, terrible, worst shinny I've ever been to. No passes whatsoever just ppl trying to put on a show.

#49 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

I go play at bonaventure every weekk. Ice is good and the ppl there are usually cool. Went to the 4 Glace at pierrefonds sunday at 10 PM last week... terrible, terrible, worst shinny I've ever been to. No passes whatsoever just ppl trying to put on a show.

Sometimes you get a few guys like that, most of the time people move the puck.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#50 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:57 AM

Last time I went to Pfds for shinny, I had the same issue, a few guys that looked they were in a NHL try out. :LOL:
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#51 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:58 AM

Does anyone know of any drop in or something in NDG or Westmount?

#52 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, you'll get those guys every now and then, but for the most part, it's pretty good. Had a dude in full malkin russia gear a few weeks ago, who was AWFUL. Like, painfully awful. Wouldn't give up the puck ever, loved to carry it. So I just went offside every time until he started dishing it off. Douche move, but hey, ya gotta get the idiots playing properly somehow.

Grammer: I used to live DT and work in Westmount. There was no shinny that I knew of.

#53 Jimbo9

Jimbo9

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

Yeah, you'll get those guys every now and then, but for the most part, it's pretty good. Had a dude in full malkin russia gear a few weeks ago, who was AWFUL. Like, painfully awful. Wouldn't give up the puck ever, loved to carry it. So I just went offside every time until he started dishing it off. Douche move, but hey, ya gotta get the idiots playing properly somehow.

Grammer: I used to live DT and work in Westmount. There was no shinny that I knew of.

I hate those kinds of guys. I would just big hit them all open ice.

#54 perh4ps

perh4ps

Posted 10 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

Shinny is made for fun and for everyone to touch the puck, not to put on a show like your at the NHL draft combine. 4 glaces won't be getting my 8$ anytime soon :P

#55 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:08 PM

I love going offside for guys like that. I had a guy like that out once who I had the misfortune of having on my side for shinny. About halfway through a couple players left, so this guy switched sides. Laid him out first chance I got. Satisfying.

And I found a couple rinks that seem to offer leagues and shinny, but their ice is seasonal Bill Durnan Arena and Doug Harvey Arena. And maybe Lower Canada College too. Anyone have any experience with these?

#56 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:19 AM

I love going offside for guys like that. I had a guy like that out once who I had the misfortune of having on my side for shinny. About halfway through a couple players left, so this guy switched sides. Laid him out first chance I got. Satisfying.

And I found a couple rinks that seem to offer leagues and shinny, but their ice is seasonal Bill Durnan Arena and Doug Harvey Arena. And maybe Lower Canada College too. Anyone have any experience with these?

Never played shinny at lcc but i've worked some hockey clinics, great ice to play on.

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#57 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 17 August 2012 - 11:08 AM

If anyone is going to montreal Molson tournament next weekend at 4 glaces, Ill be there in the A division, Marmora Ice Miners.

#58 UnrealFlow

UnrealFlow
  • LocationKingston ON

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:15 AM

looking for possibly one or two guys to play this weekend in the tournament. games are friday night at ten and then three on saturday. dm me

#59 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 21 August 2012 - 06:28 AM

Are there any montreal goalies on this site?

Member #657

#60 romdj

romdj
  • LocationBrussels, Belgium

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

So shall we work something out for this season?