Photo

New Jersey vs NY Rangers

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 cott1

cott1

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

that spear was pretty weak - wonder if Shanny will do anything to him....or Rupp for that matter.
I know I'm biased and I don't think Rupps play was right but between the two, Kovys spear was pretty gutless - any player who uses their stick as a weapon should be either punished by the league or get their ass kicked or both.
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#42 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

I agree with the weapon part. a punch to the chest/lower part of his mask can be defended, a spear is unexpected. Marty could have struck back instead of flailing like a ninny.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#43 CanadiaEh?

CanadiaEh?

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

I third the stick as a weapon thing. He coulda stood up and faced him like a man imo. (I wasn't trying to start anything with the Rupp comment btw) But I have to say the fact that Rupp hit Brodeur without provocation is a tad worse than a provoked retaliation by kovy. But that's my opinion. And Marty did flail like a ninny. But I think all goalies woulda done that in that situation.

#44 cott1

cott1

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:19 PM

ya never a good reason to shove a goalie like that - especially when it's one of the biggest guys on your team - It was obvious what Rupp was trying to do, he was trying to get a spark going for his team, not saying it was the right way to get that spark but that was his intention - and what he did was not intent to injury by any means, if Rupp wanted to take out Marty he can, that was a shove at best - Kovy's play retaliation or not was intent to injure, completely uncalled for and I personally don't think the two plays can even be compared to each other....and really, even if someone wants to all it a retaliation play, what was he retaliating? A little head shove by Cally? Hardly a penalty worthy play...I mean Cally went to the box for the punch he threw AFTER he got speared - if Kovy is not dealt with by the league I'll be pretty unhappy....but with the way Shanny has been handling suspensions this post season I don't have my hopes up - with that being said, you can't suspend Rupp and NOT suspend Kovy IMO - it would just seem drastically unfair if that was the case

#45 CanadiaEh?

CanadiaEh?

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:17 AM

You know what it's like. Kovalchuk is a star player and shanny won't do anything. Neither will anything be done about the rupp incident. How funny was bernier getting dumped though :LOL:

#46 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

As a goalie I took my fair share of abuse. I felt it only fair that I gave it back when I could. I think Marty should have gone after Rupp with at least one swing.

I remember I got 4 games for laying into a guy with my blocker. He crashed the crease, I dented his cage. ahhhh memories... :)

Hung Like A GeeGee

#47 cott1

cott1

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Ha, he got DUMPED!! Rupp seriously dropped 3 guys on that play :)
Ya I think most likely nothing will happen.

#48 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

This series will go 7
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#49 pdub

pdub
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

LETS GO DEVILS, anyone else realize that zidlicky was using kovys white widows all game? weird :dunno:

#50 cott1

cott1

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

#51 pdub

pdub

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:13 PM

rupps an idiot, devils have carried the play in all four games without a question.

#52 cott1

cott1

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

rupps an idiot, devils have carried the play in all four games without a question.

I don't think he's an idiot, the play was not malicious but also wasn't the smartest decision - too bad cause I thought he's actually been playing pretty well this post season and this series. I agree, Devils have carried the play in all four games with the exception of maybe one or two periods if that - Hank has been the deciding factor in each Rangers win.

#53 pdub

pdub

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:21 PM

i like rupp to being a former devil, not smart though.

#54 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:30 PM

Im sure Brodeur told him something, Id like to know what :LOL:
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#55 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:24 AM

Exactly what I was thinking Dupes

#56 cott1

cott1

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Huge game - Let's go rangers!!! :)

Posted Image

#57 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

go Rangers!

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#58 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:52 PM

Huge game - Let's go rangers!!! :)

Posted Image

Haha at Bernier. Dude got dropped

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#59 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

Seems the games the Devils have won so far were domination, and the losses could have gone either way.

Rangers, you guys ever hear of defence?
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#60 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:26 AM

Haha at Bernier. Dude got dropped

remember Bernier was this projected power forward, but thats highly unlikely in this photo, hilarious!

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff