Photo

Ebay selling question

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm selling elbow pads and my auction CLEARLY says that shipping is 20$, the shipping calculator makes it out to 15,48$ buyer only pays the smaller amount and says he won't pay more... what do you guys think I should do ? I know it's only 4,52$ but it's the principle of the thing that bothers me...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#2 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:43 AM

Link?
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#3 CrazyDanny

CrazyDanny
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

You have to be careful using the calculator - if you want to charge a flat rate, you need to change the shipping setting to flat rate (vs Calculated). Regardless of what you write in the listing itself, eBay shows the calculated amount to the buyer in searches, etc.

If it were me, I would just eat $4 or so and move on lesson learned. Not worth getting in a pissing match for with Feedback on the line.

#4 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:55 AM

This is why I don't use that stupid calculator.

Just set it as 'No international shipping' then state in the details you will and give them a flat cost.
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#5 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Thanks guys ! I appreciate your help !! I will eat up the 4$ and REMOVE the calculator !!

Feedback

#6 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Hmmm.... should I leave the price tag on just to show the guy how much money I made off him ? :naughty:

Feedback

#7 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hmmm.... should I leave the price tag on just to show the guy how much money I made off him ? :naughty:

I wouldn't. If he's willing to argue over $4 who knows what kind of other crap he'll start lol.

#8 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

The same thing literally just happened to me, but the other way around. Guy asked for 5 more, but I said okay 'cause I did pay rather hastily and the shipping amount was a wonky number, like the calculator thing screwed it up. Plus the guy is shipping it to Toronto from Cali, so I wasn't too bothered by him asking. I kind of expected it actually after reading this thread, lol.

Hung Like A GeeGee