Photo

Slovak pattern

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 wheelthensnipe

wheelthensnipe

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

Hey all,

Just curious if anyone has used this curve or not? If so how would it compare to an ovi pro curve/Kremlin. Also if anyone has pictures of the curve I would really appreciate it if you could post a few. To me it looks close to a hossa pro.

Thanks!

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

It is the Hossa pro.

#3 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

No no. It's a kreps

#4 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:25 PM

No no. It's a kreps

Really? Where is Hossa from? Think about it...

#5 wheelthensnipe

wheelthensnipe

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Didn't mean to open up a can of worms guys. Anyone have a picture besides warriors customizer?

#6 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Didn't mean to open up a can of worms guys. Anyone have a picture besides warriors customizer?

I'm going to post a picture of the Kremlin and Hossa Pro/ Slovak side by side in a few

#7 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:05 PM

On MSH, the Warrior rep said the Slovak is the Hossa pro pattern

#8 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

Posted Image

#9 wheelthensnipe

wheelthensnipe

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Thanks a lot for the side by side! Which one to you prefer?

#10 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:14 PM

Thanks a lot for the side by side! Which one to you prefer?

I haven't used the Kremlin but I can't really handle the Hossa. It's great for toe drags and such but it's too inconsistant for me. I feel that if you don't release the puck in a specific spot the puck will just flutter off the blade.

#11 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:22 PM

maybe i'm out of the loops but i hear everyon talking about kreps....who is that?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#12 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

maybe i'm out of the loops but i hear everyon talking about kreps....who is that?

Not sure if it's named after an actual player but this is all I can think of when I hear that name

#13 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:29 PM

Kreps is "short" for Kremlin, Kremlin is Russian, "THE" Russian is Ovy...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#14 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

ah ok i usually just call it the kremlin or the ovie clone. got me confused for a second, thanks dudes

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#15 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

ah ok i usually just call it the kremlin or the ovie clone. got me confused for a second, thanks dudes

The Kreps is like a Sakic but with more toe. Nothing like Ovi's current pattern. Here is a pic of it:

Posted Image

#16 wheelthensnipe

wheelthensnipe

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:24 PM

I haven't used the Kremlin but I can't really handle the Hossa. It's great for toe drags and such but it's too inconsistant for me. I feel that if you don't release the puck in a specific spot the puck will just flutter off the blade.

Is that a BASE Hossa? If so where did you get it? I can't find them anywhere (I'm in the US)

#17 bob11

bob11

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:42 PM

Kreps could be named after Kamil Kreps?

#18 Watchgreat

Watchgreat

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:13 PM

yeah it is bob. also kreps I believe is the versteeg not slovak

#19 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Yeah kreps is named after Kamil Kreps he invented the pattern himself while playing in Florida and it has since become one of of not the most popular pattern in the NHL. Don't know how you came up with its short for kremlin haha.
And I guess kreps must be the versteeg last time I talked to warrior inquiring about an afenasankov curve before the customized was launched they told me they would offer a kreps and that it was going to Be the Slovak, guess they changed it

#20 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Versteeg pattern on the Warrior customizer is the Kreps curve. Friend of mine has a Versteeg from the customizer. I put it next to the Doughty stick I had before (Kreps) and they were near identical.

Slovak pro is the Hossa clone (just bbm'd my friend who works for Warrior and he confirmed it).

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks