Photo

Felt Tongues: Whose got em?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:36 PM

As you guy's know felt tongues and "flopping" have become very popular in the NHL. Growing fad? Or here to stay? How many of you guy's skate with your tongues this way? Do you prefer the feel, or is it for looks? Post up photo's of your modded wheels!

I personally have never been able to adjust, but it does look kinda cool :LOL:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:33 PM

I had Graf felt tongues put in my TO's - Never been able to rock tongues out though. Looks sick, feels like junnnnnnk! Tongues in FTW!

Posted Image

The yellow laces have since been swapped with white waxed. :D

#3 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:23 PM

Putting Graf tongues in then tucking them should be against the law :P

#4 BoatsAndHossa

BoatsAndHossa
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I knew I was going to get flamed! Haha. To be honest, I've always worn Graf's up until I picked up the TO's. Couldn't get away from the comfort of those huge tongues. I haven't tried tongues out with these skates, maybe at a drop in slot I'll give it a whirl and see how they feel. Lol.

#5 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:49 PM

i used to tuck them and i always had issues, then i started skipping the top loop and flopping back in 08 and it feels amazing now

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#6 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

You say it like this is something new- there has always been a segment of the NHL (and every level for that matter) that has gone tongues out. There likley always will be. Felt tongues, thick ones at that, were the standard up until the last 8 years or so for almost all brands. As a kid I always wore them out, then discovered it was much more comfortable with them tucked. More protective as well.
Posted Image

#7 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:05 AM

I knew I was going to get flamed! Haha. To be honest, I've always worn Graf's up until I picked up the TO's. Couldn't get away from the comfort of those huge tongues. I haven't tried tongues out with these skates, maybe at a drop in slot I'll give it a whirl and see how they feel. Lol.

Lol buddy I feel the same as you & did the same thing!! I hate the TO retail tungs!! I told a guy at the Pro Hockey life & the manager over heard us & he ended up geting me graf tungs for free!! I loved them but didn't flop, I do tuck my shin pads In tho I'm old school. Lol I got PS TOs now with black felt supreme tungs & love them!!

#8 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:07 AM

TOs with Graf tung old & my present skates pro stock from Calgary flames..
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:36 PM

For those not tucking with felts, what do you like better then stock?

#10 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

Tungs

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#11 sharks25

sharks25
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

Im probably going to swap the stock tongues on my one100s with the tongues from my old mission boss black inlines or mission t8s. I just can't get used to skating tongues tucked.

#12 wrbush31

wrbush31

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

I must be one of the few. I had felt in all my skates growing up and I'm currently using a pair Vapor x7.0's with stock tongues and I love them. Must be something wrong with me:)

#13 Mikepell33

Mikepell33
  • LocationMilton, ON

Posted 25 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

I always had the felt tongues growing up but never flopped them, always had them tucked in. Now I have a pair of TO's and absolutely love the stock tongues with the different flex inserts. But I have to say that it does look a little better with those bad boys flopped.