Photo

Black edge runners or step steel?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:07 PM

I wanna get new runners and I don't know what to get. So I wanna hear from ppl that have used one or both of these kinds of runners please I wanna know what good and bad if you can tell me. Thank u any info will help. I'm not a great skater if that helps at all
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#2 bob11

bob11

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

I've had both and I'd reccomend blackedge. Tighter turns are noticeable with a little more glide as well.

#3 cott1

cott1

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:43 PM

Matt, you're too modest. I thought you were a good skater! Though anything you might lack in skating you make up for in celly's!!! You had some good ones last Sunday - my favorite is the "belly slide" a la Chris Farley from the movie Black Sheep, LOL
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#4 malcb33

malcb33

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

they're both great options! Slight performance edge to Blackedge, but they do cost more as well. Both hold there edges way longer than factory steel.

#5 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:16 AM

Never had BlackEdge, but I recently got a set of StepSteel runners custom profiled from No Icing. Holy s$%# balls they outperform my stock Cobra runners by leaps and bounds. Hard to tell how much is the steel itself vs. the custom combo radius and expert sharpening, but I'm extremely happy with them. I can say that they hold an edge longer than my stock runners, too.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#6 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

Good stuff guys. This helps.

#7 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:31 AM

Matt, you're too modest. I thought you were a good skater! Though anything you might lack in skating you make up for in celly's!!! You had some good ones last Sunday - my favorite is the "belly slide" a la Chris Farley from the movie Black Sheep, LOL

HAHA LMFAO!!!

#8 topsnipe

topsnipe
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

Philly, what runner/holder combo are you using right now?

#9 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Quick blade. They are on simmonds skates