Photo

How did you learn about Sports2k?

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#61 TS76

TS76
  • LocationChicago

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

Well after a major leg injury 5 years ago I pretty much parted with all my equipment because it was depressing to look at.

I found you guys in the course of looking to replace some of the stuff I had, and for info on the advancements.

Most of my old samtandby suppliers are gone so I figured it would be good to be around guys sharing the same interests.

#62 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:14 PM

Found this site while looking for prostock sticks on Google. Played goalie all my life, but time to move on and try something else! So i was looking for good hockey gear at "low cost" vs PHL prices...

Kind of fun to see how much things you can find outhere! 

#63 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

liamkelly19 who is a user here mentioned it in a youtube video haha

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#64 iscoredlastnite

iscoredlastnite
  • LocationLos Angeles California

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:57 PM

I learned about this site thanks to one of my buddys. He told  me to check it out and that it was pretty cool site to go specially for hoceky gear and alot of pro stock gear. He is always on the site during work hours lol and now I can see why haha. Now I am always on it and its only my 3rd day discovering it. Always cool to check out what gear people have. :)

#65 habsfans

habsfans

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:08 AM

on google trying to find habs equipement

#66 Obscene19

Obscene19
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

Word of mouth!

Hockey is Life. The rest is just details.

"Trade Steve Yzerman? That's like asking me if I want to trade my son Jason for the kid next door."

—Jacques Demers

#67 HolyRollie

HolyRollie
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Had been on MHS for a while. Think I saw it in someone's sig...maybe Dupes? Stumbled on it a couple times looking for Warrior mitts. Lurked for a month or two then joined.

My Feedback | Boston | ATEP

#68 pwb3

pwb3
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:39 AM

Just wanting to browse gear and ended up landing on this site.  After lurking for a week decided to join in.  Glad to be here

#69 hunterphfr

hunterphfr

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

I've been on MSH for years, was looking for a 9K girdle for my son as he moves up to Bantam AA.

#70 Thebig

Thebig
  • Locationgatineau-ottawa

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:28 AM

Since i work for a hockey company that recycle and refurbished hockey sticks i hears it from a client of mine. Truely like it here really good for the buisness side of it since i learn a lot on stuff here.

LOOKING FOR

Sticks : pro stock ccm cl midnight,apx,nexus, older T1 sticks( lefty,grip,87-95 flex,p92-p88-p14 similar curve)

shell : black XL to fit over huslters

pants : warrior hustler black XL any team

#71 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Someone on MSH told me :)

#72 moped686

moped686

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

I heard about this site from a buddy I play hockey that has had a successful transaction so figure I'd give it a try!

Side note- can someone tell me what "bump" means? I've read through a few threads today and see bump tons of time - thanks!

#73 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

Bump, or any comment for that matter, will move the thread to the top of the queue and mark it as "new content" for other viewers. It's good if you are selling an item and edited the description or price. It's also a way to generate new interest from anyone who didnt see the post initially.

Welcome to the site! A lot of cool stuff here.

-Mike

Edit: it's frowned upon when people bump very old for sale threads, PM the seller instead.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#74 airmaxone95

airmaxone95
  • LocationOntario

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

sold some gear on Kijiji, and a buddy suggested I check out this site.

also came up randomly a few times when I was googling pro stock gear, but wasn't aware how tight the community is until I started spending more time on here

#75 Carson

Carson
  • LocationSoo Michigan

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Was looking up modification to hockey equipment read about it for a month and figured if I'm always on the site might as well have an account.

#76 cooze40

cooze40
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

Either searched for pro stock gear on google or like Sabres said, saw the address on another forum and came over

#77 danglesnipe6

danglesnipe6
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

One of my fellow Kings staff members loves this site and said I should be on it all day to fine some sick pro stock gloves and pants.  Thanks!

#78 Skyline_BNR34

Skyline_BNR34
  • LocationRaleigh, North Carolina

Posted 27 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

Friend who I play hockey with told me about this site when I broke my stick that I should check this place out for pro-stock gear.

Still looking for a good price on a pro-stock lefty. Unfortunately on a tight budget, but hopefully someday I'll be able to buy something from someone on here.

#79 jazzy

jazzy

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Long time lurker on MSH (and here too) and I found this site while on MSH.  Now spend most of my time here. Love seeing all the recent pickups.

#80 Doublet62

Doublet62
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Looking 4 hockey gear. Thought Tackla went out
of business. Also looking for pro stock sticks led me
here. Cool site!