Photo

girdle/shell vs pants

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Im trying 1 last idea to get a pair of pants to fit my tall height and small waist. Someone suggested a small girdle and med shell. Ive never used a girdle/shell combo so wanted some opinions and thoughts about them versus pants. Pros/cons/preferences

#2 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

9k girdle would be great for you because you are able to adjust the height of the legs and the overall fit very well. I am a fan of pants but i also own a 9k girdle and love it

#3 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:11 PM

There's a size small 9k girdle up on eBay right now I think.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#4 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

I did see that. looks like there is a few more days left on it and now buy it now option, so I will have to keep my eye on it to see how the pricing goes.

#5 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

I suggested that!
I think it's a great and the best option not only does it solve your issue you run into but Girdles are also lighter and a lot more mobile you do lose some protection but it is more than enough still an that's why it's the most popular choice in the NHL. Aside from that if you're a person that likes to change colors or so you can always skate with the same pants feel while changing out shells, always feel and play the same but don't always have to look the same. Shells are also cheaper than pants and have a lot more variety to them. All of that Bieng said alot of people hear like the 9k girdle but I like the Bauer totalone girdle, bauer also offers an X:60 girdle that fits cery similar to pants but has the girdle benifits, warrior also makes a good girdle and so does CCM I actually find the 9k to be the worst one